Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/116/1160451p1.html]Smallville: What to Expect from the Final Episodes[/link]
by Eric Goldman

Summary:
Smallville showrunner Kelly Souders talks about the return of Lex Luthor and Supergirl, the debut of Booster Gold and much more as the end approaches. [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/116/1160451p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

l7l_GiLeS

Noob
Jan 5, 2008
Souders said:
I think it was more about what will allow us to sort of stay true to Smallville and that this is simply the journey between a boy and Superman and then how much will allow us to feel we're seeing the launch of that great hero.

Oh my god. REALLY? So, I stopped reading here, and to me this reads: "DON'T EXPECT THE SUIT, 10-YEAR VIEWERS." Plus, her response makes no sense at all. It's not even a sentence, really - more of a superhero run-on. So, to me, she doesn't know how to handle the question...

And if we're not seeing the suit, I'm glad I only really watched Season 1, skimmed season 7, and DVRd-fast forwarded through everything meaningless for seasons 8/9/10. Which, is mostly everything with these writers.

I was looking forward to the finale. Now, not so much. We'll probably see a reflection of Superman in a pond or something, in a LOST-esque crap ending.

jtn7188

Noob
Apr 7, 2011
I imagine something along of the last shot being "Superman" from behind in the Fortress of Solitude. The suit will be a moment. The series is meant to be the journey between boy to man to Superman (essentially said in the interview), so they'll give us just that one moment... preferably with some subtle use of the John Williams Superman theme... dare to dream though...

http://fanscripts.blogspot.com/

J

jrau18

Original poster
They've already confirmed that we will in fact see Clark in the suit. Also, we've seen the suit on screen already. He has it in the Fortress.

M

mwaces5

Original poster
they might as well show clark in the suit, after this is over, Tom Welling may never have the chance again to wear it again, they should have made him Superman in the upcoming reboot

Cloud182x

Noob
May 9, 2008
Why are people so obsessed with seeing this dude in "the suit"? This show has as much to do about Superman as Twilight does about vampires. It's a total crock that's gone on for waaaay too long and basically shat all over the Superman mythology. I'm glad this guy isn't SM in the new movie, he just can't pull it off.

divadave

Noob
Sep 7, 2005
I so can't wait for the series to come out of blue-ray!!! I hope he's flying before the
series ends...I mean..it better not be durring the last 5 minutes of the 2 hour session finalle..

Jun 16, 2008
I'm excited for the ret of the season, but sad to see the series coming to an end. I mean, I've been watching this show for 10 years!

Oct 29, 2009
This season has been somewhat disappointing compared to the rest. Hopefully the last couple of episodes rock.

mick21981

Noob
Apr 8, 2011
I'm really not overly concerned about him not donning the custome-I'm pretty sure it will happen, for how long, that's a different story-however, sometimes the execs make the show too much about what they want to see vs what we as loyal fans deserve to see, yes this show is about Clark Kent becoming Superman and always has been, but you are now ending a 10 year run and it is his time, so do the right thing is all we as fans are saying-if it's only for 5 minutes fine, but don't make it like we see it for a flash and the show ends, there will be an outcry.

Jan 21, 2011
I know this will not happen but a Smallville movie next year where Clark now Superman meets Batman much like the DCAU World's Finest with Michael Rosenbaum as Lex and Seth Green from Family Guy to play The Joker.

Apr 6, 2011
When Lois gets Clark's powers, I'm really hoping they poke fun at the fact it took Clark a while to get his powers down completely, while when anyone else gets his powers they can use them instantly and perfect. The only exception was Superboy, where they finally got it right and had someone else have trouble containing Superman's uber powers.

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
God I hope Lex kills Tess in the finale lol, she cannot stay for the future, he has to kill her to fulfil his destiny!

I hope they don't just make him wear the same superman costume from superman returns. All these years and he puts on the same costume as superman routh, I always expected them to make a unique individual superman costume related to smallville universe.

J

jrau18

Original poster
It is the Superman Returns costume.

@Geterman
He's in jail. So no, we won't.

mick21981

Noob
Apr 8, 2011
yes the costume is the superman returns costume, from what we've seen so far, there is no way to tell if it won't be different for the finale-we shall see what pans out

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I think it would be pretty neat is Smallville could go like Stargate after its 10 year run and make a couple movies after the finale, just a pipe dream but I think it would be cool.

J

jrau18

Original poster
@Aerisot
Blue Beetle will be in it. There are promotional photos online. Does not look promising.

Apr 7, 2011
oh come on people, this show is so s****y, the bald guy looks like a turd, the main character looks a total *** and, come on! what morons would willingly watch this! Argh! God! And yes i have seen a couple of episodes- unimpressed by all.

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan
Geterman30 said:
Will we ever see the return of Pete!?

Probably not, seeing as how the actor who played him got arrested on drug trafficking charges and is looking at 20 years in the pokey.

As for what I expect from the last few episodes, for the finale I expect more than seeing Clark in his Superman suit because its such a given. If the writers had balls they'd show him in the suit an episode or two early just to force them to make the best episode possible without having the suit as a get-out-of-jail-free card.

gsxrnomad

Noob
Nov 9, 2010
I am so going to miss this show. It has over the years shown different possibilities in the 'Superman' mythos and has done a good job pulling it off. I don't get the hate speech and why would anybody waste their time if they hated it so much. Looking forward to the wrapup with a sad face in the end. A great person and musician once said "All things must pass" and this show will hold up over time.

Aerisot

Noob
Jun 24, 2009
"Souders: Mainly it's Kara and the introduction of Booster Gold, as far as heroes that are coming into the show."

No mention of Blue Beetle eh, I know he is in the same episode as Booster Gold.

Cloud182x

Noob
May 9, 2008
". I don't get the hate speech and why would anybody waste their time if they hated it so much"

Well I suppose people are mad this show crapped all over one of their favorite characters for one. Others, like myself, used to really love this show but have hated how it's been the last few years and feel like it should have ended strong instead of being drug out for years and years needlessly.

Danagan

Noob
Aug 30, 2009
I hate when people complain that it doesnt stay true to the comic. Im a huge superman and Batman fan and even comics have different versions of the story and different universes. Smallville is a different universe. If you cant accept that then you may want to skip the next movie. Its a great show and im excited for the ending and I will miss watching it.

Lord_CorDox

Prime Member
May 6, 2003
Even Zack Snyder credits Smallville for keeping Superman alive for the past decade. Sure it has dragged at times, certainly some episodes I can live without. It has certainly suffered from restrictions and budget limitations, but overall it has done more good than not.

As for being true to the comics, they have changed a lot from where they started, how do you define which version is true?

Smallville has also brought a lot of characters to the live screen I never expected to see outside of cartoons, some better than others.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Couldn't they let the Smallville guys do the Justice League movie. They already have the actors and costumes.

Jul 24, 2010
adrianos-1995

LOL, I hope so. This interview was so long and no details about darkseid.

Booster golds costume looks like he is trying out for nascar.

Apr 18, 2011
I personally wanna see clark put on the Superman suit, start flying, and to end it all with an epic battle versus Lex Luthor in his kryptonite suit. But I don't think that last part will happen but one can still hope.

Foxspo

Noob
Jun 23, 2004
Screw the comics, I like how Smallville deviated from the comics and ultimately made Superman better than it was before.

DanRk0619

Noob
Nov 30, 2009
l7l_GiLeS said:
Souders said:
I think it was more about what will allow us to sort of stay true to Smallville and that this is simply the journey between a boy and Superman and then how much will allow us to feel we're seeing the launch of that great hero.

Oh my god. REALLY? So, I stopped reading here, and to me this reads: "DON'T EXPECT THE SUIT, 10-YEAR VIEWERS." Plus, her response makes no sense at all. It's not even a sentence, really - more of a superhero run-on. So, to me, she doesn't know how to handle the question...

And if we're not seeing the suit, I'm glad I only really watched Season 1, skimmed season 7, and DVRd-fast forwarded through everything meaningless for seasons 8/9/10. Which, is mostly everything with these writers.

I was looking forward to the finale. Now, not so much. We'll probably see a reflection of Superman in a pond or something, in a LOST-esque crap ending.

LOL congrats on being dumb enough to miss the entire point of this decade long epic show loser ; )