Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/109/1091292p1.html]Smallville: Season 9 Review[/link]
by Chris Carabott

Summary:
While Smallville may have just concluded its ninth season, this is just the second season to feature the new, reinvented, Metropolis storyline. Season 8 started strong but faltered towards the latter half of the season, thankfully, Season 9 doesn't suffer the same fate and offers us some of the best Smallville we've seen since in a long time. [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/109/1091292p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

J

jrau18

Original poster
How awesome must it be to have the last name Blue? I mean really, think about it for a second. It's just awesome. (not to mention you're a gym leader)

hester2523

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 1, 2006
No, here's an awesome last name. Sitting through the credits of Iron Man 2, I noticed this name:

"Killmaster"

AnimeMark

Prime Member
Jun 18, 2008
This is actually my favorite season of Smallville so far. I got turned off by what I saw of the show for the last few years. Last season was probably the least interesting stuff that I've seen of the series.

Incredible that this season already has completely changed my view of the show again.

Mar 22, 2010
8.3? What the hell is it with these bad ratings from the IGN TV crew on shows. LOL

Now the IGN Movie guys know there stuff.

The best season of Smallville gets a 8.3? Damn what the hell did you give it for great seasons like 3 or 5?

Chaos-Gambit

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 11, 2000
This was a great season. I'm happy that next season is going to be the last one though. That way they can really go all out and make the best season of all.

hester2523

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 1, 2006
I agree with an 8.3. It was definitely Smallville's best season, but it had its weak spots. The only reason I stuck with it was because I got involved while in high school (ugh, that makes me feel old), but I can't think of any seasons before this one that would rate above a 7.5. It was a great season, but still not the best tv out there. I was entertained though, and in the end, isn't that the point?

J

jrau18

Original poster
@hester

That sounds like a Jack Bauer codename. [face_plain] But yea... awesome name. Truly.

embeect

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 30, 2005
Scored a bit higher than I would but not too far off. This is definitely the best season since Season 5. The problem I had with it was the quality of episodes fluctuated so greatly in the second half of the season. The storyline wasn't a drag in the second half like with Season 8 but you really had no feel for the kind of episode you were going to get week in and week out as the season came to a close.

I think I'd definitely agree with your overall assessment of the season, though. Zod was a fabulous villain even if the Kandorian story felt flat quite a bit. Checkmate was okay but really rather superfluous. The most exciting thing was to see Clark step up like he should always have. And they really delivered on the finale, which was such a relief after two very deflating finales in a row.

Kenny_Tha_Killa

Dream Master
Jan 13, 2010
I guess I'm feeling a little bit gypped with the announcement that that the next season will be the last - just when it's starting to get good. After 9 years of waiting for Clark to become Supes, they're going to end it just when it appears he's finally going to put on the suit.

Makes no sense to me. They have a great cast and an opportunity to take Smallville to the next level. With interesting storylines, there's no reason this show couldn't continue well after it's tenth season. Especially if they brought back Lex.

I mean after all, if a show like Lois & Clark can stay on the air for four seasons with Dean Cain in the red & blue tights, then there's no reason why Tom Welling shouldn't be able to pull that off and more. C'mon CW, it's a no-brainer. Us comics fans want more stories about Superman. (As long as it's entertaining and not too cheesy)

Oct 30, 2009
@Kenny_Tha_Killa

maybe they'll bring a show called Metropolis with same cast and full fledged superman. This could be a great spin off with the cast but not likely. remember after 10 years the cost of production and salaries will rise significantly so the cost of the show would exceed the benefits.

Zero9bound

Noob
Jan 24, 2005
There wont be a spinoff! I dont think Tom would want to run this character forever. I think its better off wrapping up with these actors one more season and dont try to do metropolis

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
Let it wrap up. 2011 is when smallville ends and Tom should play superman in the new superman movie!

Nolan should persaude him lol. I can't see anyone else playing clark kent/superman besides routh lol, it has to be tom.

10 years he's been playing the character.

Kenny_Tha_Killa

Dream Master
Jan 13, 2010
@madman_devin:

I would think they would be able to come to some kind of agreement concerning production costs.

@Zero9bound:

Welling might not want to play the part forever, but after 10 years he's pretty much typecast anyway so he might as well roll with it.

@Latnok:

I agree, but I would like to see him in either Nolan's movie or start up "Metropolis" or maybe both!!

AngryMrBungle

Noob
Oct 8, 2004
Awesome show. Been watching since season one. Season 10 sounds great to end it on. No need to go frther. he shows intent was to show Clark growing up in Smallville pre-superman. This in no way should carry on into a spin off or any more seasons.

theguf1

Noob
Feb 24, 2005
Did he forget to mention Clark got his suit? Now if only he'll put the darn thing on...

Also, I'd love to see something Batman pop-up, even the smallest reference. Like Alfred gets a flat tire in Smallville and "Master Bruce" is told through his words. Anything, just to elude to the JLA's top two guys and how Gotham is somewhere out there.

zenjiros

Noob
Jan 21, 2009
A decent season finale could not save the abhorrent continuation of retcons and disjointed, lazy writing-filled refuse pile that is Season 9. I just try to pretend Season 9 never happened.

vsharma72

Noob
Jan 24, 2011
maybe they'll bring a show called Metropolis with same cast and full fledged superman. This could be a great spin off with the cast but not likely. remember after 10 years the cost of production and salaries will rise significantly so the cost of the show would exceed the benefits.

<a href=http://www.freemoviespoint.com/>Watch Movies Online</a>
<a href=http://www.youkumovies4u.com/>Online Movies free</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.