Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Well it's that time again. I was debating on whether to purchase NCAA14 with the next gens coming out in November but decided to go ahead an purchase it.

ROSTERS ARE FOR XBOX 360 ONLY
Estimated time is 2 weeks to complete version 1

I have the EA season pass so I will begin July 5th.

As per usual ill be doing a roster set with help from the community. What's included:

1st run is:

Names (players and coaches)
Height
Weight
Home state
Eligibility
Adding / subtracting transfers
Position changes
Depth charts
Race
Attribute adjustments (for glaring errors from the stock rosters from EA)
Player #s. (this can be tricky if there are two players who wear same jersey #)

Pretty much everything except gear will be on version one. Just to get a good version out for those that don't really care about accurate wristbands and such.

I will post as I finish teams or conferences in whole. I use the Phil Steele Mag to determine order. Except I do ND first and Miami #2 then start rolling thru the magazine.

2nd run is fixing any errors from version one and gear.

Following updates will be provided on an as needed or weekly basis once season begins

If anyone has info on transfers, DNQ or any info at all feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

tinfire

Noob
Dec 27, 2003
awesome man!! i guess ill do a rough run through of dynasty until your done... cant wait...

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Notre Dame, Miami, Texas and the SEC (except vanderbilt). Completed. With accurate coaches and their history and bios included. Finishing Vanderbilt and working on Big12 next

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
SEC, ND, Miami and Texas are fully completed. Should have Big 12 completed by end of tonight.

Jul 12, 2010
I don't want to come off as being pushy or anything but could you do B1G after the 12? I love your rosters!

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Yes, that's the plan, big 10 is definitely next after the big 12, which is about half way completed.

Jul 25, 2008
good stuff sky. From the chi and went to the U so my teams are in already. Might wait til Pac 12 is done tho for dynys. Are the other players who havent been done yet named?

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Slow and steady, I say this every year but the stick rosters are awful. I'm not sure if its due to the pending legal action with player likeness but even the BCS teams which usually are decent are way off. Minnesota roster is from last season which had to be created from scratch. Overall its progressing. I should finish big ten tonight with all teams and coaches for SEC, Big12 and Big10 completed.

If you see any errors please left me know.

I want to thank GT: Born Prominent for aiding with the naming while I research accurate coaching records been a lifesaver

tinfire

Noob
Dec 27, 2003
can you let us know when we should download?! be tonight?! or still long way on working on everything?

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Still about 2 weeks before it'll be completely done.

SEC, Big12 and Big10 are completed and can be downloaded. Working through ACC

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
No. PAC12 is the halfway point. I should finish PAC12 tomorrow. Should complete version 1 within the next 7-10 days.

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Coaches are completed as I finish each them team. I added up to date records and play style. I have one team left in AAC and then ill try to finish the indies tonight.

Only... MAC, Sun, CUSA should finish by mid next week.

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Independents are completed, halfway finished with CUSA. Should be done by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
All teams are completed except the SunBelt and MAC. I should be able to get half of the MAC done by tomorrow. Im out of town on Thursday for work. But back at it Friday and thru weekend. I'm shooting for Friday night, but realistic is sometime Saturday.

Just an FYI. Coaches records and history are accurate to their Division-I careers. So guys like Brian Kelly who coached national titles in D3 are not included in their history, Only what every coach did at the D-1 level only.

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
MAC and all coaches are complete. Only the 8 sun belt teams left will finish by end of today

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Version 1 completed.

All teams and coaches named
Coaches with as close to accurate as possible career history
Transfers added / removed
Eligibility errors corrected
Home states fixed

Version 2 will be released closer to opening weekend. Some teams did not have accurate player numbers on their websites, will correct once updated rosters are available.

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Added transfers that were missed or new... Adjusted depth charts for injuries. Continued working trough equip and fixing errors

A few major additions are:

RB Michael Dyer added to Louisville (transfer from Juco)
QB Conner Brewer added to Arizona (transfer from Texas)
QB Gunner Kiel added to Cincinnati (transfer from Notre Dame)

You will need to delete current roster saved and redownload the new set for theses changes to be implemented.

May 4, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Added transfers that were missed or new... Adjusted depth charts for injuries. Continued working trough equip and fixing errors

A few major additions are:

RB Michael Dyer added to Louisville (transfer from Juco)
QB Conner Brewer added to Arizona (transfer from Texas)
QB Gunner Kiel added to Cincinnati (transfer from Notre Dame)

You will need to delete current roster saved and redownload the new set for theses changes to be implemented.

Are you completely done now? Outside of a mid-season update of course.

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Ok, I must've just missed him. Ill fix and upload.

I'm still making tweaks and adjustments as depth charts are finalized. I'm still waiting or a few teams to post their freshman players numbers too. Ill adjust weekly throughout the season as players emerge muh like Johnny football did.

May 4, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Might want to move Brandon Green to TE on Alabama & change his # to 89.
And of course edit his skills a little. Has pretty good hands & runs a 4.75 I hear. Former basketball player so he's athletic.
@Skyflame21

Last edited:

JediPIMP5

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 17, 2004
In case u didn't know...DE Dyron Dye no longer with the U, RB Danny Dillard left and Jalen Grimble too

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks.. Ill make the switches. I was looking for a few Miami guys to leave so I could add Gilbert.

JediPIMP5

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 17, 2004
No problem, and J. Grimble transfered to Oregon State, plus WR Jontavious Carter also left the team

Jul 26, 2009
just wanted to pop in say thanks for doing this year in and year out. I've been using your rosters for as long as I can remember, and they are always awesome

anita44335

Noob
Mar 1, 2005
Hey, I know this seems strange, but when you are recruiting a player, and all it says is Athlete, how do you know what position they are best suited for?

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
When you do your scouting of the player look for what ratings are the highest. Catch, route running are higher he's probably a WR. If he has a high throw power and throw accuracy a QB. Look at his attributes and you should be able to get a feel. Athletes can sometime be good two positions also. Something like WR CB usually go good together

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be doing new rosters. There is a guy over at Operation Sports who is doing a 2014 roster set. He's also doing some coding changes.

It looks like I am officially retiring... Unless EA creates a new game seems unlikely at this time.

Last edited:

Skyflame21

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2008
The coding changes is to the season schedule and preseason top 25. That's just what I read, I'm not very well versed in the coding things that can be done with the game. But it's over on operationsports.com under ncaa rosters.

njkjjkj

Noob
Sep 7, 2014
I don't want to come off as being pushy or anything but could you do B1G after the 12? I love your rosters!
41.gif