negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
Dude, I was number two...

[face_plain]

And why is one million the magic number? They will make a new game when, and only when, they want.

Dec 11, 2007
seemed an impressive number - and with the financial market the way things are - maybe allowing them to see the public demand for such a game could persuade their developing teams to get their fingers out their arses and make games we actually want to play :)

Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004
What happened to the last petition? It had at least 3.000 signatures...

Oh well, I'll sign later [face_peace]

negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
By the time that one million people sign an LoK petition, PS3 and Xbox 360 will be merely a memory, as we will already be on to the next generation of systems. Actually, at that point it will be the next-next-next generation of systems. Translation: You'll never get one million signatures. Best of luck to you, though.

Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004
Wow, I'm number four #-o

You should post this on other boards as well, for example on the Vesti or even on other message boards like maybe gamefaqs or wherever. If it's only on this board you won't even get 100 signatures [face_peace]

negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
No kidding, Snake. I would have figured that he'd already posted this on Nosgothic Realm, The Lost Worlds, etc.

Get with the program, man!

Andrew0824

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2003
negativecreep7 said:
Dude, I was number two...

[face_plain]

And why is one million the magic number? They will make a new game when, and only when, they want.

Well, if they got a million legitimate signatures, that would show they are still a lot of people out there willing to spend money on a sequel.vvBut given that Defiance didn't even sell a million copies....

Also, who is even left at CD who would work on the game? From what I read on Ben Lincoln's site, the main guy at CD who was behind the movement there to make a sequel, died. I think a lot of people also left the company when Amy Henning left.

I mean, if Amy already had the story for the next game written, or mostly written, that would be cool, but to leave the plot and dialog in the hands of your typical video game writer would not make for a great product I don't think.

I know CD's main property now is the Tomb Raider francise. Has anyone played any CD's Tomb Raider games and if so, was the writing any good?

negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
Two things, Drew:

1.) It is Amy Hennig, not Henning.

2.) I have not played a Tomb Raider game since TR3 on the original Playstation. However, I've been meaning to purchase a used copy of Tomb Raider: Legend, for my Xbox. I simply want to be able to use the Soul Reaver as a weapon in another game.

[face_nerd]

Andrew0824

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2003
negativecreep7 said:
Two things, Drew:

1.) It is Amy Hennig, not Henning.

2.) I have not played a Tomb Raider game since TR3 on the original Playstation. However, I've been meaning to purchase a used copy of Tomb Raider: Legend, for my Xbox. I simply want to be able to use the Soul Reaver as a weapon in another game.

[face_nerd]

1) I knew that...I just spell it that way because I just don't give a f***! I'm a badass like that. [face_skull]

2) They have a Soul Reaver in a Tomb Raider game?

negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
Yeah, you can use it Tomb Raider Legend, badass.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJbXiXzWnM

There are even reaver spells to the damn thing. Apparently you must complete the game before unlocking it, however.

Andrew0824

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2003
negativecreep7 said:
Yeah, you can use it Tomb Raider Legend, badass.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJbXiXzWnM

There are even reaver spells to the damn thing. Apparently you must complete the game before unlocking it, however.

Wow, they even give you those great block moving puzzles from SR1!

Kind of weird to see Lara Croft carrying the Reaver around though. She looks pretty good for a, what must she be by now, 50 year old?

Snake-Eater3

I don't need a title...
Aug 31, 2004
Tomb Raider Legend is the worst TR-game I have ever played, even worse than AoD. Don't buy it just for the Soul Reaver. Save your money.

CD's Tomb Raider is not as good as Core's games, but the remake of the original is okay and I heard that the new game isn't bad either.

Besides, Lara is not Solid Snake. She doesn't age... [face_tongue]

Andrew0824

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2003
Well, I just checked the petition and you guys aren't going to believe this. It's up to twenty-six (26!) signatures! This is pretty exiting. Personally, I'm waiting until it hits 100,000 to commit to signing, but I'm sure it won't be long.

May 22, 2009
hi, i'm new fish in this pond. number 98 on the list, anyway. long time has passed since the petition came out, so... it looks hopelessly. however, i believe there are blokes in game business who know that we know the game can't get stuck until hylden and pillars...u know. and also i think this story is good enough to make a movie, really wonderful movie. regards to all LOK fans;)

negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
Hello. If you honestly believe that an LoK movie would be a good idea...well, I'm going to have to banish you from the board after your initial post.

YOU ARE BANISHED FROM THE BOARD!*

*unless you give me money

May 22, 2009
thank u for your judgement, buddy. i feel like robin hood;) if u think it's bad idea, just tell me why please. about money: what is (or was) nosgoth's currency?...i'm just trying to avoid problems with payment:)

negativecreep7

Leaky Lifeboat.
Nov 25, 2003
Have you ever seen a good video game movie? No, I haven't either. More than that, do you possibly feel that Hollywood could do the rich storyline justice? And if you haven't played through all five games, you're not qualified to answer that question. If you have, I am greatly questioning your judgment.

Edit: And cash (U.S. dollars) will be fine.

Ruhab

The Game Collector
Apr 26, 2004
Hahahah Hollywood screwed over stories as simple as Doom and Blood Rayne, there is no way in hell they can handle LOK.

Andrew0824

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2003
Ruhab said:
Hahahah Hollywood screwed over stories as simple as Doom and Blood Rayne, there is no way in hell they can handle LOK.

That Doom movie pissed me off. I wanted demons and evil and hell and I got dead aliens and science-gone-bad crap.

IRMacGuyver

IR not supposed to be here
Jan 13, 2001
Doom still wasn't really that bad of a movie though there's a really funny interview where the Rock basically told the host not to bother seeing it.

LOK is just too much for a movie I think.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Signed by me.. Even if there was a million signatures they probably wouldn't make another game. This is here because it is not very achievable even on a title which received a lot of notoriety. I myself would give 100 bucks for a new LOK game. But anyways good luck if the movement is still in motion.

Andrew0824

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2003
negativecreep7 said:
[image=http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq334/negativecreep7_album/headbang.gif]

Where can I get a keyboard that durable?

Also, [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA]this[/link].