exoblaze

Noob
Nov 19, 2012
SMT_X_FE_Logo.png

Because I could not find a thread related to this upcoming crossover, I decided to create this speculation thread consisting of the little information we already we have,and fan wants

Last edited:

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
Eighteen year old me would have been hyped for this, but he's gotten a little jaded over the past few years. Awakening and SMT IV are close to my least favorite entries in both series, so I'm not confident that SMTxFE will be anything but mediocre. I'm also not sold on the idea that a Fire Emblem and SMT mash-up could even work. Mainline SMT was never about each games' main protagonist, so seeing them again doesn't hype me up. SMT is all about the atmosphere and watching a story unfold in front of your eyes, picking a side when things start heating up or killing everyone in your path. The protagonists are silent and devoid of personality because you get to choose who they choose to fight for in the end. Fire Emblem doesn't need atmosphere, it tells a story through massive amounts dialogue. I don't see how they can reconcile these two styles while making a game that's more than just fanservice.

It also doesn't help that it's going to be for the Wii U. Maybe if it was on the 3DS I would give the game a shot, but I'm not going to buy a Wii U, or any console, just to play a crossover.