Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
If you're registered in GBX's ShiFT system, check your email: they sent out keys for all platforms yesterday - one for BL2 (Golden Key) and one for TPS which can only be redeemed during the first seven days of the game (i.e. from Oct. 14th for one week). Apparently, if you use GMail, the notification will be in the "Promotions" tab, whatever that is? (I'm guessing GMail does some kind of filtering based on what it thinks the email is about?)

Can't wait!

armpitrocket

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 9, 2008
ND
If you're registered in GBX's ShiFT system, check your email: they sent out keys for all platforms yesterday - one for BL2 (Golden Key) and one for TPS which can only be redeemed during the first seven days of the game (i.e. from Oct. 14th for one week). Apparently, if you use GMail, the notification will be in the "Promotions" tab, whatever that is? (I'm guessing GMail does some kind of filtering based on what it thinks the email is about?)

Can't wait!
Yeah, thought it was odd, just 1 key? Usually they come in groups of 3 or 5. Especially right before the TPS, thought they may go big like 10. I usually use orcz.com for golden keys. They keep it pretty up to date. The are not abandoning keys for BL2 when TPS drops are they? I just got back into 2, been working on building badass points and leveling my characters. A level 60 Gaige, 50 Zer0, and 29 Axton. Have 216 keys saved up.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012

Can't wait!
Yeah, thought it was odd, just 1 key? Usually they come in groups of 3 or 5. Especially right before the TPS, thought they may go big like 10. I usually use orcz.com for golden keys. They keep it pretty up to date. The are not abandoning keys for BL2 when TPS drops are they? I just got back into 2, been working on building badass points and leveling my characters. A level 60 Gaige, 50 Zer0, and 29 Axton. Have 216 keys saved up.

As pointed out in my original post, the email included a shift code for BL2 and a second one for The Pre-Sequel.

So no, they are not abandoning the system with the new game...

-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008
I received the email. I was hoping the Shift system would transfer your key count over from BL2 to TPS. I had a feeling it wouldn't, but it would have been nice.

I have 110 keys in BL2 that will likely never get used. At one point I had nearly 200.

armpitrocket

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 9, 2008
ND

Can't wait!

As pointed out in my original post, the email included a shift code for BL2 and a second one for The Pre-Sequel.

So no, they are not abandoning the system with the new game...
Yeah, I'm aware the email had it for both. I was asking if after TPS's release they will continue to produce shift codes for BL2 as well. Sorry I should have been more specific.