ukbsktbll13

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 12, 2005
I recently finished BOTW. I am trying to figure out things I missed which I feel would be worth it to complete.

Finished all 120 Shrines
Have hylian shield and master sword.
Havent completed all the side quests, plan to look over them and try to finish those.
Definitely have not collected all the Korok seeds and have no interest to.
I feel like I have collected most all of the armor sets in the game.
I know I am likely missing a lot. Anything that stands out that I missed?

Also any opinion on the DLCs - do you get access to both with the expansion pass?

Volvagia_slayer

Star
Jan 9, 2005
Once you beat Ganon your Adventure Log gets numbered so you can see how many Main Quests and Side Quests you've completed/you're missing. So I'd at least fill both of those lists out and get any armor sets you're missing.

You do get both sets of DLC with the Expansion Pass. In fact, you can't buy either set separately. It's either both or nothing.

Some of the outfits that came with the DLC were pretty cool, and the Korok Mask was helpful (though if you're not planning on searching for any more Korok Seeds, that obviously won't matter to you). The Hero's Path option is really cool, and the new warp item is extremely helpful.

But I didn't much care for the Trial of the Sword, and I knew I had no interest in the Hard Mode.

The new shrines and quests that pop up in the second DLC set are often quite fun and worth playing, but the story is a little underwhelming.

Overall I thought the DLC was a lot of fun but not quite worth the full price. Close, but a little shy of the asking price. So if you don't mind burning a couple of extra bucks and you want more game to play, definitely get it. But if you're stingy with your money and feel like you've already got your time and money's worth out of the game, you'll be okay skipping the DLC.

DanielMazahreh

No Longer a Noob
Aug 12, 2017
Trial of the Sword is a very interesting challenge. You need the expansion pass for all DLCs. My favorite part was the advanced difficulty level. That one was most exciting. It powers up your Master Sword to its true strength. Plus, you get a special item.

I think you should get the DLC. The Champions flesh out their stories to you, more warp points and shrine puzzles, and new costumes. I do not think any of this is super special, but I believe you will get your money's worth. It's only $20.

I have yet to hear from someone who decided to play the game for the first time while having the DLC available to you. It provides more for the player to do and more options to squeeze in as they naturally see fit. The player's in complete control. God, I love this game. :)

Last edited: