Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108164p1.html]SDCC 10: Green Lantern Videogame Announced[/link]
by Jim Reilly

Summary:
A Green Lantern videogame based off the upcoming film, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, is in development and is slated for release during Summer 2011, the same time as the movie. This is the same game that was rumored to be in development from last Summer. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108164p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Feb 17, 2009
AWESOME!!! I just hope it turns out like Batman Arkham Asylum - GOOD! I WOULD LOVE TO FLY AROUND IN SPACE AS HAL AND KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranger19

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2003
No, no... NO! I thought the industry was finally learning from Arkham Asylum! Comic book video games work when they have time to develop and are free from cash-cow tie ins!

sigh... at least we have War for Cybertron and (a hopefully good) Shattered Dimensions until the sequel to Arkham Asylum.

kbo0gie817

Noob
Jul 21, 2010
unless it has already been in development and already started gameplay, then it wont be that great. Games need time to improve and be great. arkham asylum set the totem pole that much higher and others should have seen how much effort they put into that game and taken it into consideration... but maybe they will seeing as how warner bros. both have to deal with arkham asylum and this game.

RK2504

Noob
Jun 4, 2007
If they want this game to truly work, it'd have to be Scribblenauts-like. Maybe you have to set different things to each face button, but at least you have creativity.

Jun 16, 2008
Seems like at this point, we should just assume that a movie like this will have a video game tie-in.

Also, have I missed something, or is this the first mention I've heard of the title of the movie being 'Rise of the Manhunters'?

babyrhinos

Noob
Jul 21, 2010
@SPOCKJENKINS42 I think that Rise of the Manhunters is just the name of the video game, not the movie. At least, I sure hope so...

@static360 right there with ya.

Kazoku002

Noob
Dec 29, 2009
I can't see how it could be remotely possible to replicate the powers of a device that lets you create things out of your imagination on the fly in a videogame. Couple that with fan expectation, the fact that movie games tend to bomb and the impossibly short schedule and you have a formula for failure. Let's hope the developer can pull this off...

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
Ok, well we know it's a video game tie in since it said it goes beyond the movie and into the comics bla bla however, it's being made by a studio I have never heard of before lol so I'm not judging yet.

We never know, it could turn out like batman arkham asylum. Just be happy Sega isn't making it.

A studio like rocksteady need to make a superman game.

wuntyme88

No Longer a Noob
Sep 1, 2002
You know how you know this is prbly going to be dogshyt? It's coming out on every platform imaginable. lol someone say cash grab!

kbo0gie817

Noob
Jul 21, 2010
The only good movie tie-in that i have seen is spider-man 2...... green lantern will never be a good video game until you give the player the freedom to create whatever they want on the fly and open up their imagination

Reoyon

Noob
Jul 7, 2010
As All Movie Games Are Horrible Let's Pray That This Takes THe Path Of X Men Wolverine And Is Actually A Little Fun To Play, This Franchise Is To Good To Allow A Crap Game To Destroy It

Jun 24, 2010
True, movie games usually suck, but then there's something like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or Spider-Man 2. There's always a chance their could be a diamond among the crap.

DeathTeddy

Noob
May 5, 2008
I still think they should have
kept the Green Lantern as a black
guy, its like everyone is white
kinda takes the reality away
from getting into the game.

BTW im white

ztonkin

Noob
Apr 19, 2009
Well since SEGA isn't involved, there's a very slight chance that this may not be a piece of trash. Very, very slight.

newhere808

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 10, 2009
Something like this would be amazing suited for motion control given the nature of the rings ability of object manipluation. If it wasn't for a lack of movement control, it would be an outstanding idea for Kinect.

Jul 17, 2003
That's odd that Double Helix is doing the HD and Wii versions - but welcome. Usually wii versions are from completely different developers who develop something completely different for a much smaller budget and much tighter time frame.

I like Double Helix. Here's hoping this is pretty decent. Its encouraging to hear it was in development LAST summer, that's for sure.

Jun 22, 2008
I hope this does good, and is based less on the movie, more on the comics. I find the Green Lantern to be very engaging and pretty realistic (moreso than Superman).
I know Double Helix's GI Joe game sucked, but hopefully they'll go down RockSteady's path.

Greed1914

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 5, 2007
Well, my initial reaction is to the movie tie-in aspect, which makes me less than thrilled. On the other hand, if it's less about the movie and offers more room for the devs, then there is potential. But then again, Superman Returns and Ironman 2 were tie-in games that had their own stories away from the movie and they were both junk.

taeguek

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 24, 2008
Well this is likely going to suck. WB should just have a stand along game developed, like Arkham Asylum.

krismsupe

Noob
Feb 10, 2010
This game is coming out in conjuction with the movie but it is not tied to the movie in respect of the story i'm holding judgement till it comes out.

Praying that it will be good, it could be soooooo awesome if done right

Conker3685

Noob
Sep 7, 2006
Without even seeing a single screen shot, I'd bet money that this game will be a complete piece of garbage upon release.

Multi-platform, licensed title based off a movie = crap.

Aug 6, 2008
Alright, lemme guess. The Wii version is going to look like early PS2 games, while the other two have current-gen graphics. The controls will be terrible with tacked on motion controls on the Wii, and awkward for the other two. Finally, the game will be terrible all around.

All in all, the devs will spit on the face of the other consoles while pissing on the face of the Wii. Just you watch.

Apr 12, 2007
ok... something that i dont like is the posters, the posters looks like the Ben 10 Alien Force Live-Action Movie, and other thing, i can predict that this game gonna suck on Wii!, im pretty sure that it will be the PSP Version or PS2, so...

TOTAL FAIL ON Wii!!!

Nov 26, 2009
I find all the hate funny since people said the same things about Arkham Asylum you should'nt be judging a game until it's realeased it could be the next Arkham Asylum you don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.