JPD37JR

Noob
Mar 5, 2013
Yep, first post here. I am usually just a reader per say than a poster but I need to give you my two cents on this game.

Like my thread title says, stay away from this game.

You are better off taking MLB 2K 12 and doing the roster changes yourself. There is absolutely nothing new on this game besides the game cover. Same cut scenes, animations, play by play talk, etc.

The career mode...exactly the same. Still can get called up to MLB in 20 games, same messages from the manager/general manager, same career options, etc.

Very, very very disappointing. Not worth 10.00 let alone 60.00.

Being a 2K baseball fan for the past couple years (not that I had any other options) I was at Gamestop at 10 am waiting to pick this up. Unfortunately there were no reviews I could read before hand. In retrospect I wish there was. I would have 60.00 more to my name.

Checkered_Vans

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2004
You were foolish to pick this game up for $65. From the gameplay footage and lack of preview articles it's quite obvious it's the same game as last years.

Jan 18, 2004
I'm just amazed they had the gall to charge full price for this year's version. Of course it would be a clone of last year's; there wasn't even supposed to be a 2K13. 2K planned to kill the series after last year when their 3rd-party exclusive deal expired. They probably assumed EA would step back in with MVP, but EA is apparently holding off for next-gen. No doubt Microsoft and MLB begged 2K to do it since there wouldn't be a baseball game for Xbox users this year if they didn't. But they shouldn't have charged full-price for a half-assed job. This should be $20-$30 tops, mostly for people who didn't have 2K11 or 2K12.

Checkered_Vans

No Longer a Noob
Oct 26, 2004
Yeah getting a game I wanted was foolish of me. About as foolish as your lame ass reply.

Wanting a game that would obviously be the same as the previous version is very foolish indeed. And then paying $65 for it is even more foolish.

Oct 25, 2009
Loganville, Georgia
You were foolish to pick this game up for $65. From the gameplay footage and lack of preview articles it's quite obvious it's the same game as last years.

foolish to spend $65 on this piece of garbage YES!! what amazes me even more is that you actually waited outside at 10 am to pick it up. WOW!!! I bet you got right through to the front of the line while the MLB THE SHOW line was out the door. EPIC FAIL!!!! Get a PS3 and play a real baseball game!

Last edited:

Rob0419

Noob
Mar 9, 2013
It's a terrible game. I didn't spend a dollar on the game though, I'm happy about that. I just still have to play it because I've been playing it for years. The soundtrack, the graphics, the lack of features, the ridiculous ratings some players have (and some players don't have). It's just disappointing, just like the last 3-4 games...

MaeYoung

Star
Apr 20, 2005
Charlotte NC
How would this game be for someone who has not played a baseball game at all on 360? The last baseball game I played was on Playstation One. Should I get this or 2k12?