THeThingFold

Prime Member
Aug 18, 2011
Howdy Howdy Readers,

My first and only play through on Protectionist wasn’t as difficultly as Ubisoft advertise to core-fans. I found myself channeling SP "1" technics, which obviously didn’t include the Mark and Execute features. SPC forced players to utilize Mark and Execute throughout the Story as well as Co-op. Core-fans like myself have never really used this feature, relying on skill and accuracy.

Sams Call to Sarah
Sam's call home to daughter Sarah during the end-game credits was very interesting and didn't reveal much of anything other than a few key points. First: Sam will return to active duty under 4th Echelon and Sarah approves. Secondly, Sarah progressively describes examples of the government taking extreme measures such as enforcing "Marshall Law" and generally describing continued violence and unrest amongst the public even after the capture of Sadiq branch.

Victor End-Scene with Sam

Victor and Sam are seen together about to interrogate Majid Sadiq and doesn't seem Sam actually left to spend time with Sarah. This leads me to believe the Engineers are a huge threat and are utilizing the CIA and newly created 4th Echelon. According to Grim, Jadid Haidos was a former MI6 agent but he described himself as a deep cover agent that could have possible been gathering Intel on the internal motives of the Engineers. Kobin was also a deep cover agent working hand in hand with Lambert in SCC.

4th Echelon looks to be a tool of the Engineers and Briggs is there to keep tabs on Fisher. Charlie’s continued mistakes only to be covered up by Grim was interesting dynamic as well. This again leads me to believe this is a CIA cover up. 3rd Echelon remains functional and DEVGRU team sent in as first responders seem to be more of a political move than best course of action to rescue the Americans on the ground. Delta team also pursued Sam and team which didn’t make any sense, other than Sam wasn’t supposed to capture Sadiq. This story has tons of potential and I hope the agelessness of Sam will allow Ubisoft the time to lay it out in future SP titles.

Last edited: