Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158623p1.html]Rush is Green Lantern's Tomar-Re[/link]
by Jim Vejvoda

Summary:
Pirates of the Caribbean's Geoffrey Rush will voice the role of Tomar-Re in the Green Lantern movie. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158623p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

havok669

Noob
May 14, 2002
I may just be ill informed but isn't it a little odd to cast the voice actors after the film has finished shooting & they've already done all the CGI?

The movie's releasing in only a few months & they've just now announced who's doing the voice work?

kwasmand

Noob
Mar 2, 2008
I highly doubt TOmar Re is central to the first movie. I don't think they need to disclose the voices other than for name recognition. Good casting regardless.

jcorle00

Noob
Sep 27, 2007
This is awesome!

Only about a third of the film takes place in space so there can't be that much to record.

Sep 21, 2004
i honestly think this movie is going to suprise people. i dunno i have this feeling its gonna pull a batman begins and be actually good.

spyderv333

Noob
Feb 17, 2010
Boy this sounds like it's kinda late in the game to be announcing casting choices. Shouldn't the voices be done before heavy animation is started? I mean I know there's ADR that takes care of a lot of it, but wouldn't it be easier to have the animators animate to the voice rather than trying to have the voice match what the animation has done? I'm just curious is all.

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
@jtmarsh5

I am a huge fan of the comic and the characters but the whole concept of Green Lanternis cheeseball :D

May 16, 2010
This reminds I got an old copy of the green lantern comic where Hal Jordan dies put away. I bet it will be worth a shit load when the movie comes out!!!!!!!

MLato666

No Longer a Noob
Jun 30, 2001
@ spyderv333

this just means you know nothing about animation my friend. :)
there is a separate person who JUST does the mouths and lip synching for animations. that's all he does. it's actually not that hard, and it doesn't take that long.

what happens is you'd record the lines, possibly 3 or 4 versions of the same line, and then the animator just changes the mouth shapes to correspond to the sounds that should be coming out of the characters mouth at that time. there's only about 7 or 8 real shapes the mouth makes unless you get crazy with it and go too cartoony, and it can be done within an hour per scene.

as for the rest of the body, the rest of the animators should already know what's going on at that point, and minor tweaks and adjustments are make in a matter of hours.

Hope this helps!

- a computer animator. :)

Apr 30, 2010
Ryan Renolds as Hal Jorden still has me on the fence about the movie but im ever the optimist, so here hoping all the best parts in the movie werent in the trailer.

spyderv333

Noob
Feb 17, 2010
@MLato666

Yea, I guess that makes sense. I'm probably just hung up on all the bonus features I watch where they talk about some crazy complicated CGI where it takes like 48 hours to render a single frame.

Guess it's time to take some classes on computer animation... Too bad I can't draw [face_tongue] Thanks

Sep 29, 2010
I think Geoffrey Rush is one of the greatest actors out there. I just hope those talents aren't wasted in this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.