spaced_7

Noob
Mar 30, 2008
When you come to a door with a crystal, you have to change into ruby, and cast a spell at the crystal. When i do this it does not react at all. The Door does not open and no matter what i do , how many spells i cast , the crystal does nothing and door does not open. I press R2 and it still doesnt. BUT
--------------------------------
[face_applause]

spaced_7

Noob
Mar 30, 2008
sometimes it does open. twice it did. i did exactly the same as what im doing now to the crystal that dont open the door

May 3, 2007
the crystals are different colors, and you have to change the element of your ring that correlates with the color of the crystal. like if it was red, you switch to fire, blue to ice, and so on. hope that helps!

spaced_7

Noob
Mar 30, 2008
well i have made it past the shipwreck dungeon and im on the ice queen . She IS hard. How do you change the element on your ring. And how do you defeat the ice queen?

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows
^ easy, use toan or goro attack her up close,when her shield is down, quickly change to ruby to shoot fire at her, when she's back on the shield, repeat the toan/goro part and repeat that until she's defeated. I will command that you MUST have stamina potion on any of those 3 the whole time. If you don't have that when she used a crystal, you can be frozen for a short time. This boss is one the most challenging boss for my mom than she've ever faced a few years ago. LOL, it took her millions of times, while it only took me maybe 5 times or so.:^O If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this board. I don't have insider yet, but I will around Nov. or Dec. [face_peace]

EDIT: to change your element, press start, then go to weapons. There you should see elements and choose fire. Hope that helps, I've been playing this game for years, and I love it! Hope for a Dark Cloud 3.

EDIT: Maybe if you tell me what your weapons' fire, ice, wind, thunder, and holy levels are I can help with that also.