RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
For well over a year I was heavily pushing the idea of Big E taking the title off Roman (then he failed to win the Rumble so it became pushing for Bryan). But that doesn't really seem to be happening (maybe).

So how does this reign end?

Does the Demon get it done?

Does Lesnar conquer him in Saudi?

Does the Rock beat him at WrestleMania?

Does Drew jump to Smackdown in the draft and win?

Does Big E lose the WWE title, turn around, and win the Universal?

None of these feel probable, let alone likely, but at this point WWE has failed to make anyone else feel like they're even remotely close to the level to do it. I know not ever title win has to be momentous, but this reign has basically set Reigns up as needing a god to dethrone him. What say you guys

staple_gun

Oderunt dum Metuant
Oct 7, 2006
WWE would win my viewership back for at least a short while if either:
A.) WALTER showed up and just smited him
2.) Ciampa decided to leave NXT, came in and totally dominated him but from an intellectual standpoint. Similar to outwrestling him but not just on the map. Anything Reigns has in his playbook, Ciampa already has a plan for.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Well after tonight's match it's clear there is one man who can stop Roman Reigns.
God turning heel on him

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Really goes to show how insane Cody going to WWE was that the most likely answer wasn't even a thought back in September of 2021

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Really goes to show how insane Cody going to WWE was that the most likely answer wasn't even a thought back in September of 2021
Also kind of insane that Cody winning this time last year seemed like a safe bet and yet here we are again.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
It’ll be the biggest troll booking of all time if Cody fails again.
The amount of people saying Roman should win to a) keep the reign longer than Hogan's longest (which....isn't a record), and b) because the fans 'ruined' it so now he has to hold it until next year to defend the title vs Rock

I'm nervous

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
Last year Cody shouldn’t have won. “The story” was too short and derailed by his injury. Now we’ve got another year spent building his legacy. He conquered the Beast, led the Avengers into battle with Judgement Day, saved Jey Uso, came to terms with Rollins, won another Rumble, and went toe-to-toe with the Rock. If Mania doesn’t end with a bloody Cody hoisting up the title, celebrating with a crew of babyfaces behind him, something is very wrong.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Said before, I'll say it again: It was never a question if Cody's story was too short, it was always that Roman's was too fucking long

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
Said before, I'll say it again: It was never a question if Cody's story was too short, it was always that Roman's was too fucking long
Time and biz proved out that nothing about what happened was the wrong move.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Literally nothing about the past year wouldn't have been better if Cody won

Nor would any of Roman's stuff had mattered less if he didn't have the titles. In fact, multiple parts of both mens stories would've ended up better had Cody won

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
It’s OK to admit when wrong.
And I've been wrong about multiple things

I thought Cody would've lost all his heat by now if he lost last year, he hasn't (though he's definitely got less fans behind him now)

I thought Jey would've flopped as a singles wrestler, and he hasn't at all

But I don't believe I'm wrong about this

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
(though he's definitely got less fans behind him now)
They literally rewrote the top of Mania because they underestimated how popular he would be compared to Rock. Is there some other metric here your referring to?