Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
not even in the same league. You're not actually aiming guns, holding objects etc etc

First off. Yes you are. The Wii version has motion controls. OR you can play the Gamecube one.

I prefer sitting down to play, as do most. I say this as a seasoned VR user of many years.

*lol I love your signture, but then you have a Facebook Quest? Contradict much?

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
sure, buddy. Pointing at a tv with a broken wrist

Not in DOLPHINVR, which also plays Metroid Prime with motion controls like it was designed for VR. In fact, Metroid Prime is one of the best experiences you can have in all of VR!

Get rid of that signature. You own a Quest 2 and clearly have zero knowledge on something you think you do. Lo freakin l.

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Not in DOLPHINVR, which also plays Metroid Prime with motion controls like it was designed for VR. In fact, Metroid Prime is one of the best experiences you can have in all of VR!

Get rid of that signature. You own a Quest 2 and clearly have zero knowledge on something you think you do. Lo freakin l.

I don't have a pc, only play native games on Quest, like this very one.

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Btw, it's coming next week and the hype machine is up:

really looking like the best you'll get on Quest 2.

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
Yeah great hype machine. I suggest you look up Ego4d and stop playing with these pos headsets.

Hype machine lol those things suck

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Yeah great hype machine. I suggest you look up Ego4d and stop playing with these pos headsets.

Hype machine lol those things suck

sounds really menacing, man

good thing I'm training in VR for the time when I need to shoot terminators...

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
Just a reminder that they have full access to both video and audio at all times per the ToS you signed! They can and do have bots and live people gathering and analyzing items in your house.

LOL

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Just a reminder that they have full access to both video and audio at all times per the ToS you signed! They can and do have bots and live people gathering and analyzing items in your house.

LOL

gosh I hope they don't mind all my swearing while playing

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
Im not talking about sound dumb*** they ARE taking video and pictures of inside your house.

Its not speculation, and I have just proven that to you.

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
How does it feel to be "forced" to defend the worst company on the planet? See, you buy one of their stupid cheapo headsets... and now you are defending Facebook lol.

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
Why do you keep at it? Many people would prefer playing with just a controller, because we like the comfort of being immersed in the game world without having to worry about always clunky motion controls (dont tell me they arent clunky in every game but something simple like Beat Saber either. Ive been doing this for years now).

"Holsters are a hallmark of a fully fledged VR game" lol are you using a generator to come up with those? That seems fake because its such a ridiculous thing to say. (the most immersive VR game, bar none, is Subnautica, and that is controller only with no "holsters" lol)

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Why do you keep at it? Many people would prefer playing with just a controller, because we like the comfort of being immersed in the game world without having to worry about always clunky motion controls (dont tell me they arent clunky in every game but something simple like Beat Saber either. Ive been doing this for years now).

"Holsters are a hallmark of a fully fledged VR game" lol are you using a generator to come up with those? That seems fake because its such a ridiculous thing to say. (the most immersive VR game, bar none, is Subnautica, and that is controller only with no "holsters" lol)

I'm deeply sorry you suck at aiming guns in your actual hands and feel the need to go back to dragging a pathetic crosshair icon around the screen with analog sticks or mouse. But let others enjoy real aiming in a classic game - the best VR games come up with some really intuitive holsters, like Pavlov, Blood and Truth, Warhammer 40k Battlesister and RE4 looks set to enjoy from the same finesse of interaction.

Better than this only if they added a bit of slow motion to help you focus on reloading in the heat of action, but going behind cover serves the same purpose...

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Ok, it's $40 (same as zombie shooters Az Sunshine and TWD SS too) and about 8GB being installed right now [int_rock]

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
this video is awesome and entertaining in its thorough analysis:

I'm not through with the game, btw. Big great games are so rare in VR that I play them slowly and in short doses so they take longer. Last time I finally got through the lake monster and El Gigante and finally met with Ashley. This is already way further along than I got back then on PS2...

truly a gem, truly a privilege to be in Leon's shoes... gotta laugh at flatlanders all giddy about the prospect of playing in the same old boring way with more pixels...

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
that fight in the cabin against countless waves of villagers is giving me more trouble than El Gigante or the lake monster... there's never enough bullets or grenades...

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Ok, finally made acquaintance with the Village Chief... oh boy, didn't end well, I ran out of bullets and getting too close with the knife was not a smart move.

But damn, this is one of the most epic battles in videogames ever, because the scale and proximity provide perfect immersion in VR. The animation is also too good to be true, feels like a living thing just before you.

This is really one of the best ports ever in VR. And looking at it and how closely the game reminds me of MGS, this other series is also missing the VR treatment...

what a time to be alive!

fotograma

No Longer a Noob
Feb 25, 2015
Namek
Aaaaaand... almost 2 years later and before RE4R hits psvr2, finally finished my run on it that I took with joy but in bursts

now very ready for Assassin's Creed Nexus and Bulletstorm among others...