R76G

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

Here is a video I just made that shows some of the real life Los Angeles streets used in Los Santos in GTA V.

This particular video starts near the eastern region of Franklin's safehouse in the Hollywood/Vinewood Hills, passes by the Oriental Theater, Michael De Santa's neighborhood in Beverly Hills/Rockford Hills, goes through the tunnel that is used in the BIG SCORE mission and ends up at the Pier.

For those who know about the Bugatti Veyron that is easy to find in the Rockford HIlls shopping area, I lucked out with this video because the exact moment I passed by that very same spot on that very same street, a Ferrari happened to pull out in front of me.

Here is the link:
If enough people are interested, I will probably do the rest of the Los Angeles areas represented in Los Santos such as Franklin's hood and Trevor's trailer Park in Sandy Shores.

Thanks!

Also be sure to check it out in 720 HD if possible

DaViD_MiLLs

Defective
Jan 10, 2005
Awesome video but I wish you had made most of it in real time. Went by so fast couldn't really get a good view most of the time.

And yes I'd love to see more of it.

dscaggs91

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 14, 2013
Very cool video, thanks! Looks like driving there would be a real pain in the ass.

Evil-i

"Call me Ishmael."
May 24, 2008
Great video. For a couple of seconds there I thought I was watching in-game video. Say what you want about RockStar, they really know how to capture the look and feel of real life locations and condense them into video games.

This is as good a place as any to ask this. I've noticed many locations in the V that I remember from San Andreas, and I'm wondering about the real life identities of two in particular. Both are in the higher end of town. One is a weird little outdoor strip mall, but the place has two stories. Obviously built before wheelchair accessibility was a social issue, looks like something from the 50s-60s. In spite of the location, the stores are all low-end, at least in the game. The other location is a converted railroad car diner.

Both of these seem like minor LA landmarks/icons, can someone tell me their real life identities?

R76G

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Great video. For a couple of seconds there I thought I was watching in-game video. Say what you want about RockStar, they really know how to capture the look and feel of real life locations and condense them into video games.

This is as good a place as any to ask this. I've noticed many locations in the V that I remember from San Andreas, and I'm wondering about the real life identities of two in particular. Both are in the higher end of town. One is a weird little outdoor strip mall, but the place has two stories. Obviously built before wheelchair accessibility was a social issue, looks like something from the 50s-60s. In spite of the location, the stores are all low-end, at least in the game. The other location is a converted railroad car diner.

Both of these seem like minor LA landmarks/icons, can someone tell me their real life identities?

The railroad car diner you're asking about is probably Carney's diner. It' appears very quickly in my video at around the 1:37 to 1:39 mark. It's a yellow train on the right side of your monitor. In GTA V, I believe the color of the train is red.

As for the other location you are asking about, if you could provide a still from San Andreas or V, I might be able to identify the location.

R76G

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Awesome video but I wish you had made most of it in real time. Went by so fast couldn't really get a good view most of the time.

And yes I'd love to see more of it.

Thanks. Real time would be nice. I will keep that in mind

R76G

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Very cool video, thanks! Looks like driving there would be a real pain in the ass.
You're right. It is is a pain in the ass to drive there. I laughed out loud during those cut scenese in the game where Michael and Franklin called bullsh1t on the horrible Los Santos traffic jams

Evil-i

"Call me Ishmael."
May 24, 2008
Carney's. Thanks for the info. Been wondering about it since SA. Don't think I've ever seen it used as a movie location, which seems odd, considering how famous it is locally.

As for the little mall, I'll try to get a precise in-game map location for it. Considering RockStar saw fit to include it in both SA and V, it must have some pop culture relevance or history.

R76G

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Evil-I, this little mall... Which neighbourhood in Los Santos from GTA V is it in? Do you know the game's street name?

R76G

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Evil-I, this little mall... Which neighbourhood in Los Santos from GTA V is it in? Do you know the game's street name?

Evil-i

"Call me Ishmael."
May 24, 2008

It's in that shopping/entertainment district below Vinewood Hills, but not in the most upscale section of that area. A bit seedier, like the old Whiskey-A-Go-Go. The street its front is on runs east-west, and I believe is one block south of Hollywood Blvd. If I remember right, the mall is on a corner property, and the side facing the north-south cross street is just a huge square windowless concrete wall with a circular logo on it.

Evil-i

"Call me Ishmael."
May 24, 2008

It's in that shopping/entertainment district below Vinewood Hills, but not in the most upscale section of that area. A bit seedier, like the old Whiskey-A-Go-Go. The street its front is on runs east-west, and I believe is one block south of Hollywood Blvd. If I remember right, the mall is on a corner property, and the side facing the north-south cross street is just a huge square windowless concrete wall with a circular logo on it.

Evil-i

"Call me Ishmael."
May 24, 2008
Is there an Ammunation at this mall in V?

Off the top of my head, I don't remember. I'd like to say there's a cheap-ass clothing store there, possibly Binco, but I'm not even sure of that.

chefninja

Noob
May 12, 2010
From newfoundland, drove pretty much this exact route yesterday and more. Most of it wasnt too bad but in the hills where franklins new house was bad.