May 7, 2007
For those that own (or played) both R6V1 and R6V2: Do you feel that the first game was far superior to its sequel, if not completely, but at least in terms of multiplayer gameplay? The devs made a few changes and removed several "flaws" that were apparently present in the original, and it is because of these changes, that I must say that the devs made the sequel far too forgiving. There's no longer much skill involved in the sequel. The sprinting funtion makes a mockery of firefights. In R6V1, any fight you got yourself into, was a fight to the end, not only because it's really stupid to just turn and walk/run (not sprint) away, but because any half-decent player with basically any automatic (or not) weapon could just fire and spray blindly to kill you. The original game pushes you to end every encounter, which made it a more aggressive and competitive game. Reaction-time was also more important.

But hey, this is just what I think of it...
So does anyone else want to share their opinion?

(This will be posted on the Rainbow Six boards also. Yes, there is another one that is just "Rainbow Six", cause apparently there isn't a Rainbow Six Vegas 2 board. Thanks for reading.)

Feb 19, 2002
I love the first Rainbow but due to the new features in the second one I have to say RSV2 takes it. But as far as content and 4 player story mode RSV1 hands down takes the win. UBI needs to conbine the content from RB6V1 to RB6V2.