JayPB08

Noob
Jan 24, 2013

Despite the age of the games, neither of the four of us have played the series until now. We are now determined to finish every Tom Clancy Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon game, playing them in release order (we have already beaten the first game in each series). This is personally not my upload or channel, but I am a player on it...

RavingNoah

Noob
Sep 5, 2010
Oregon
That was fun to watch. Great stuff.

I've spent the last two weeks literally fighting a losing battle to get Oracle's VirtualBox to let me play my own copy of the first Rainbow Six in a Windows 95 or Windows 98 virtual machine. After failing miserably (Oracle does not support pre-XP OSs, officially), I tried "Bochs," an x86 hardware emulator...but although I could get Windows 95 running at something like eight times the difficulty rating of getting it to run on VirtualBox...I figured it was a lost cause. Then, just with nothing left to try, I switched to my own secondary copy of Vista...and ran it in the installer in Windows 95 Compatibility Mode AND used my Eagle Watch disk to patch the original to 1.04, set the resolution on my monitor to High Color and 800x600, and lo and behold...it PLAYED! And it looks as beautiful as it ever did...which is not saying much compared to nowadays.

But, sadly...though Eagle Watch seemed to patch over the original, allowing it to miraculously run...I'm running into some bizarre problem running it, itself. So, I'm stalking the internets once again for a solution. I'm happy to see IGN still maintains some space for this game. Seeing you guys do multiplayer coop is just icing on the cake.

Last edited: