bluetrooth

No Longer a Noob
Aug 24, 2001
Started playing some Phantom Pain again, and I still don't quite understand how GMP works.

I have enough GMP for my development projects, but it's split into two amounts (I'm guessing online and offline) which means I don't have enough, cause I can apparently only use one of the sums. However, when I want to accept more GMP as a reward from something, it says I reached my limit.

In other words: I don't have enough usable GMP, and I'm also not allowed to accept more? How do I fix this?

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
Yeah, GMP in the game is split into online and offline accounts. Your offline account is capped at like 5 mil or something.

I never understood how and when the online portion of your GMP works or what it's limitations are. It's a 90/10 split, which means that basically Konami holds 90% of your funds hostage in order to get you to play online. Are you playing offline mode? Does changing it to online make a difference?

It's an annoying mechanic, for sure.

TheMadTitan

A Colloquial Formality
Aug 22, 2004
Yeah, GMP in the game is split into online and offline accounts. Your offline account is capped at like 5 mil or something.

I never understood how and when the online portion of your GMP works or what it's limitations are. It's a 90/10 split, which means that basically Konami holds 90% of your funds hostage in order to get you to play online. Are you playing offline mode? Does changing it to online make a difference?

If it's any concession, I think the PC version has a mod to restore the original cap.

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004

If it's any concession, I think the PC version has a mod to restore the original cap.
Hopefully it wouldn't break the Infinite Heaven mod (which I have a hard time playing the game at this point without).