legends4111

I can't think of anything clever to write for this
Oct 24, 2004
We've got BL the pre sequel for the 360. My brother and i want to play combo couch co-op but only have one gold account and the game gives us the message that progress will not be saved for the guest account. What are our options that don't include paying for another gold account (which by the way is fucking ridiculous way to do online for single consoles with multiple users)

Does the guest account always start at level 1 or is it set to match whatever the main character is at? I'm hoping our only real option isn't just playing offline co-op but it seems to be looking that way.

-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008
Disclaimer: I haven't had a Microsoft in nearly 4 years, so I going off of memory.

If you're not planning to play online with other people and stick to combo co-op then Gold accounts shouldn't be required at all. Your brother can just create his own account and you should be good to go.

I think the guest will always be level 1 to start off, but I'm not certain of that. I think someone else that uses Live can help you with that.

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/veggienator.3639656/']@veggienator[/URL]

veggienator

No Longer a Noob
Jun 1, 2010
The Borderlands
We've got BL the pre sequel for the 360. My brother and i want to play combo couch co-op but only have one gold account and the game gives us the message that progress will not be saved for the guest account. What are our options that don't include paying for another gold account (which by the way is fucking ridiculous way to do online for single consoles with multiple users)

Does the guest account always start at level 1 or is it set to match whatever the main character is at? I'm hoping our only real option isn't just playing offline co-op but it seems to be looking that way.

All you need to do is create another profile. It does not need to have Gold. You will then be able to save as normal.

I have a second profile on my XBOX 360 that i use as a mule. It will say you dont have enough permission to play online, but you can still play splitscreen.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012

All you need to do is create another profile. It does not need to have Gold. You will then be able to save as normal.
I have a second profile on my XBOX 360 that i use as a mule. It will say you dont have enough permission to play online, but you can still play splitscreen.

^ This. Please also be aware that there was a bug in local split-screen co-op in the Presequel that prevented the second player from accessing any SHiFT golden keys tied to their account, or using the golden chest in Concordia. Not sure if that particular one has been patched yet, as I haven't been tracking it. If you go to the GBX forums, and check out the TPS > Tech Support > 360 one, you should be able to find the discussion on it.

(Edit: Wrong town!)

Last edited: