Apr 18, 2015
First, Off ESO was a huge mistake not entirely a bad mistake but still a mistake

TESV: Skyrim was infinitely better than this and people expected too much out of it at launch due to its predecessor. The fact is this game is not Skyrim and comparing the two is unreasonable but not unfair to the developers. "The Elder Scrolls" is probably my favorite game series ever its only competitors in story,gameplay and replay value and in the fact they are a series are as Follows Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout,Witcher and Halo. So hearing that this game at least at launch was going to cost me 30 hard earned dollars a month plus an initial fee of 60 dollars that I could spend on food water or save for bills was very very very disappointing. So even though it has been announced as becoming free to play this game which is average at best has already costs me over 200 dollars in monthly fees alone. But the real problem that I've never had with an Elder Scrolls game before Is that it costs my time and doesn't return the favor.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
Lol. 30 dollars a month? Did you have to smoke 25 bucks a month when you paid your bills or something?

grimabepraised

RobDaCool

No Longer a Noob
Jan 29, 2014
Cleveland
The problem I have with ESO, besides it being boring and average, is the invisable NPCs, seems I have to log in and out a lot to have NPCs show up.

I had to log in and out 2-3 times for each of the NPCs associated with the vampires quest. It was annoying.

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
Just played this yesterday, majorly disappointed ! No sound effects, even when you're fighting, very arcade looking, you have no, feel, for the game. Will I be paying 50-60 quid for games in the future that are mediocre or just plain crap !

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
Just played this yesterday, majorly disappointed ! No sound effects, even when you're fighting, very arcade looking, you have no, feel, for the game. Will I be paying 50-60 quid for games in the future that are mediocre or just plain crap !
uhh.... There are sound effects. Especially when you're fighting.

praisegrima

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
First, Off ESO was a huge mistake not entirely a bad mistake but still a mistake

TESV: Skyrim was infinitely better than this and people expected too much out of it at launch due to its predecessor. The fact is this game is not Skyrim and comparing the two is unreasonable but not unfair to the developers. "The Elder Scrolls" is probably my favorite game series ever its only competitors in story,gameplay and replay value and in the fact they are a series are as Follows Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout,Witcher and Halo. So hearing that this game at least at launch was going to cost me 30 hard earned dollars a month plus an initial fee of 60 dollars that I could spend on food water or save for bills was very very very disappointing. So even though it has been announced as becoming free to play this game which is average at best has already costs me over 200 dollars in monthly fees alone. But the real problem that I've never had with an Elder Scrolls game before Is that it costs my time and doesn't return the favor.
In making 'ESO' Bethesda should take Skyrim as a standard, and work up from there

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
Lol. 30 dollars a month? Did you have to smoke 25 bucks a month when you paid your bills or something?

grimabepraised
I am confused, are the Elder Scrolls online and Tamriel Unlimited the same game (I have the later title) ?[face_plain]
They are indeed the same game, except now there's no subscription charge as the game is now buy-to-play.

praisegrima

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
uhh.... There are sound effects. Especially when you're fighting.

praisegrima
On my first taste, there were (for some reason) no sound effects, playing yesterday was a different experience, no one was online during my first game, all the people were just standing around like zombies, last night there were loads of people running around, it was great helping them take down the stronger enemies, when I saved the prophet and arrived at Daggerfall, it was amazing, never played an MMO before ! you still got people fighting each other (some people just want to level up as quickly as possible I guess) I always play a girl (as they look much better) some one thought they would attack me (assuming I was a girl I suppose) he kept slashing away at my back, so I cut him down with my double handed flame blade ! haven't seen him since :D