Zapages

Almost Not a Noob
May 29, 2003
My max budget is around 10K. What would you guys recommend?

Here are the cars that I am looking at:

option 1: 2013 Nissan Altima S, everything standard, rental car, with 42K miles on it Asking price is $11K. I am thinking of offering about 8K cash +my car (trade in).

option 2: 2014 Nissan Versa Note SV, everything standard, rental car with 27K miles on it. Asking price is 10K. I am thinking of offering 8K cash and no trade in.

option 4: 2014 Nissan Altima S, everything standard, personal used car, 45K miles on it. Asking price is 12K. I am thinking of offering about 9K cash +my car (trade in).

I would have to drive about 40 to 50 minutes to check the cars out for options 1 through 3.

option 4: $16K a bit out of my price range, but it is tempting: (it was a leased car) but only has 16K miles on it as well and is very close to where I live (about a 10 minutes drive) Extremely low mileage car. 2013 Nissan Altima SL with Leather Heated seats and screen for audio songs. I was thinking of about 13K cash with my current car as trade in.

My current car is a 1999 Nissan Maxima GXE with leather seats and mp3/wma player with 213K miles on it. I think I would get about 500 dollars from it due to everything in the car's problems.

What do you guys recommend? How's my negotiation strategy?

Thank you in advance. :)

Zapages

Almost Not a Noob
May 29, 2003
We just saw a personally used Nissan Altima SL with Navigation for 14K and has 54K miles on it. Should I consider that as well?

LynettaJawck

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 21, 2019
SpaceX, Mars
Yes, it is a good idea to go with used car option with a limited budget. In this regard, you can visit pre-owned vehicle retailer sites for quick deals. In this regard, you can see a variety of pre-owned vehicles at Craigslist here https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=nissan and can customize the search according to your requirement. I would suggest you to choose a dealership option for safety as compared to direct owner deals.

Similarly, if you are good at the real-time inspection, then the purchase of a vehicle from public auctions could also be a good idea. You can find nearby Nissan car auction and can get exciting deals. Similarly, if you want good condition pre-owned Nissan vehicles, then Hy2Japan could also be an excellent place to purchase them. You can explore a variety of pre-owned Nissan vehicles here https://www.hy2japan.com/nissan-cars and can choose one according to your desire and budget. Even you can talk about price adjustable as well. They also have offices in Dallas and Portland, that's why you shouldn't worry a lot about the shipment.

1f5f40273e1a69a4c98ea5c32bee8ef6x.jpg

Hopefully, you would pick a good deal. You can also talk with your nearby dealership if you don't want online deals. Good luck!

cpone10

Noob
Nov 1, 2020
2014 Nissan Altima S seems as a best option in my opinion. I've owned this car back in 2017 and it's quite good

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Yeah, Nissan is pretty low on my list. And I would never buy a former rental. Have you seen how people drive their rentals?