R

ReSiDeNt-PsYcHo

Original poster
As usual in circuit based racing games... everyone piles into turn one in a mass orgy of stupidity. When will this end ?. Drives me nuts, once you get some space and start racing it's a great racing title (though seriously lacking in polish, which is odd for a Codies' game)... but why do kids/idiots/whoever have to keep ruining it?.

Also, has anyone tried the Co-Op championship?, what's that like?. I'm intrigued by it but none of my PSN chums have the game.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
It's been that way ever since racing video games came into existence. Everyone is shooting for the best start and they think they can outrun everyone else and they're wrong 99.9% of the time. Racing in traffic is requires skill and precision to stay competitive in the race and a lot of people out there are without.

You'll learn to avoid it by taking turn one wide or by playing the safety car and starting in last and watch the wreckage and drive on by.

R

ReSiDeNt-PsYcHo

Original poster
Kanejr00 said:
You'll learn to avoid it by taking turn one wide or by playing the safety car and starting in last and watch the wreckage and drive on by.

Been trying that to little avail. You either pull out and let them crash and then find yourself falling away rapidly from the leaders or you put it round the outside and have some douche clip you regardless and you spin out. If it was up to me, the first 3 corners of a race everyone would be ghosting so that there was no predictable pile ups. It's clear that nobody gives much of a damn about crashing in a game, it's totally different when you're sitting in a real car I imagine lol.

Oh well... it's still a fun game aside from that and I've had some fun races.