BreakAtmo

Noob
Oct 20, 2007
I was just looking on Steam for the first time in a while, and I was surprised to see Onimusha 3 on the list at all let alone, for the nice price of $19.95. I've read that there are some problems with it, something about it having to run in a small window, as well as audio problems of some sort, and I was hoping someone could clarify this for me?. I loved the PS2 version but never got around to buying it. Can I assume that the PC version would be superior if the user had a particularly good PC? I have an Intel DualCore 2.667GHz processor, and the 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8500GT.

LisaB1138

Older than most, smarter than the average bear
Apr 23, 2004
The only person I know who actually played Oni3 on the PC is Drumbaby, who (at last post) enjoyed it. He hasn't been around in a while. Maybe a PM will get you more info.

I downloaded the demo, but it was full of Chinese so it was completely trail and error to figure it out. Also, I didn't have a gamepad for my laptop, and playing with the keyboard (as best I could figure out) was painful. But it looked fabulous.

You can actually buy it in a box at stores for that price as well.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I think your best bet would be to try out the demo and see how well it functions. It is very old and not really representative of the final game, but it shall show you, more or less, how things work.

My computer is a lot older than yours, but still managed to run it well enough; aside from the odd texture hiccup on Sam's face. It certainly looks gorgeous and was how I dreamed Oni3 would one day look on the PS3.

But as Lisa said-- it can become very tricky without a game pad, and may require a fair bit of re-mapping to suit the usual Onimusha games. Though I managed it easily enough, so I am sure you shall.