VS_Power

Noob
Nov 4, 2001
PSO ep 1 and 2 was my entire high school!

Over ten years have passed now and I'm wondering if there are any old faces playing PSO2?

I still remember thinking people in their 20s were really old back then, it looks like the tables have turned, ha ha ha.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Nah, were just slow now, the death of the current games, and Sega not getting PSO2 over here really didn't help this place. Many of us are on PSO2 tho.

brofenix

Noob
Nov 5, 2010
PSO veteran from Dreamcast, Xbox, and PC Blue Burst :D Started PSO 2 beginning 2014 with a friend! Its combat is pretty cool so far, loving how it plays out in groups.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma

gunpowr

Noob
May 3, 2011
http://arks-layer.com/

That should give you everything you need to get up and running. Game is a lot of fun, but very unbalanced. Given that it's f2p, I'm not sure how much SEGA will do about it due to fear of people leaving.

Using the tweaker for installing patches and item translation makes the game very easy to play in English. Good luck!

Quetzac

Noob
Feb 9, 2014
Part of me really wants to sign on to the JP servers but I'll hold out for the official NA release. I'll blame part of that on stubbornness and part on supporting the IP. Have dumped something like 500+ hours total to PSOffline for the gamecube, along with a healthy amount of time to Ep3's CCG. My favorite thing about PSOffline other than the music and atmosphere was the animations. The simple walk and trot of the characters was kind of hypnotic. Female Cast ftw.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Part of me really wants to sign on to the JP servers but I'll hold out for the official NA release. I'll blame part of that on stubbornness and part on supporting the IP. Have dumped something like 500+ hours total to PSOffline for the gamecube, along with a healthy amount of time to Ep3's CCG. My favorite thing about PSOffline other than the music and atmosphere was the animations. The simple walk and trot of the characters was kind of hypnotic. Female Cast ftw.

At this point, dont hold your breath for that NA release..

rymi

Noob
Mar 14, 2014
just go on the jpn servers its a fun game plus you level up so fast now (still mad bout that btw)

Last edited:

Doc_Occult

No Longer a Noob
Nov 12, 2000
I'm about a year late on this thread it looks like. Just got into the jp PSO 2. Used to come here all the time back in the Episode 1&2 days. Any of you dudes still playing PSO 2?

Doc_Occult

No Longer a Noob
Nov 12, 2000
I'm about a year late on this thread it looks like. Just got into the jp PSO 2. Used to come here all the time back in the Episode 1&2 days. Any of you dudes still playing PSO 2?

I just recently started playing again actually.

Nice, my SegaID is dococcult if you want to add me up. The gf and I have been playing quite a bit. Around level 45 on my main, and 17 on my 2nd character.

Jan 1, 2001
Ha old Dreamcast v1 was my highschool well and then when v2 launched. Which is ep 1 & 2 are those two games good times.

PittsburghAfterDark

No Longer a Noob
Sep 6, 2000
I went from World of Warcraft (9,733 battlegrounds played, 464,000+ HK’s, 2000+ arena/RBG rating) quit that almost 5 years ago. Then did Diablo 3. Then did Heroes of the Storm which I still enjoy doing dailies and buying heroes but don’t play competitively.

I quit PSO during the 360 when someone stole my gamer tag by calling Microsoft and the idiots there reset my password for an impersonator. I lost a ton of good stuff and that whole thing turned me off consoles forever.

At least when I got hacked on WoW they reset all my stuff from the previous night. I lost nothing then, just took me 2 hours or so to rebuild all my characters storage/bags the way they had been.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
I went from World of Warcraft (9,733 battlegrounds played, 464,000+ HK’s, 2000+ arena/RBG rating) quit that almost 5 years ago. Then did Diablo 3. Then did Heroes of the Storm which I still enjoy doing dailies and buying heroes but don’t play competitively.

I quit PSO during the 360 when someone stole my gamer tag by calling Microsoft and the idiots there reset my password for an impersonator. I lost a ton of good stuff and that whole thing turned me off consoles forever.

At least when I got hacked on WoW they reset all my stuff from the previous night. I lost nothing then, just took me 2 hours or so to rebuild all my characters storage/bags the way they had been.

Its my duty to help direct all MMO players to this place.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/