ChaosLord12

My vision is augmented
Sep 21, 2004
I really hope I don’t have to slog my way to Mohg again. I stopped playing right after NG+ kicked off.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
Put a lot of time into it since starting last night. Currently on the third story boss. I think I might like the Land of Shadow more than The Lands Between so far which I guess isn’t too surprising because FromSoft DLC has delivered some of my favorite areas in the past.

ebevan91

Keep Going, Spiral Out
Dec 19, 2007
Blackgaol Knight is so damn hard lol

I tried with my NG+1 character that's using the Darkmoon Greatsword. I'm doing decent damage but holy fuck each attack of his takes out like 2/3rds of my health.

Switched to my NG character that's like 20 levels lower and has heavier armor and a Claymore and while I'm only taking maybe 30% damage with each hit I'm doing less damage myself. Guess I'll just skip him for now and maybe pick up some more Scadutree Fragments and try again later.

RommelMcDommel

Super Star
Mar 21, 2012
These bosses are HARD. I got the boss of Belurat after many tries but now the boss of Castle Ensis is just absolutely wrecking me

Belurat Tower Settlement is such a cool dungeon. I need to go back and explore it more thoroughly; I forgot that I have the Storeroom Key and Well Depths Key which I haven't used yet. But I love how much the dungeon feels like an actual Souls level, reminded me of going through Irithyll or something

Blackgaol Knight and Demi-Human Yosh were super fun fights too, and the dungeon you find Yosh in is fucking awesome. If the cave / catacomb dungeons are gonna be that unique throughout then this is just the best thing Fromsoft has ever made

I tried the Ghostflame Dragon but he killed me pretty quick. I feel like I am dealing like zero fucking damage to some of these enemies lol. I need more Scadutree Fragments I guess

Love the feel of the world and love the NPCs so far. I like how the NPC interactions are much more "involved" now based on other actions you've taken

topdogg_187

Real name, no gimmicks
Apr 19, 2004
Blackgaol Knight is so damn hard lol

I tried with my NG+1 character that's using the Darkmoon Greatsword. I'm doing decent damage but holy fuck each attack of his takes out like 2/3rds of my health.

Switched to my NG character that's like 20 levels lower and has heavier armor and a Claymore and while I'm only taking maybe 30% damage with each hit I'm doing less damage myself. Guess I'll just skip him for now and maybe pick up some more Scadutree Fragments and try again later.
I had a very ridiculous time with Blackgaol Knight. I am on NG++ I was trying to just do NG run, but got excited to try it and bored of the grind...but holy hell was that guy dumb at this level.

My build was gimmicky for consecutive hits and dealt a good amount of damage. But the damage it dealt like you said was unreal. It was about 2/3 a hit as well, so I had to heal twice if I got hit. Always had to stay max health.

I did that, maxed out the weapon it dropped, switched to a 60 vigor strength build with enough endurance to wear all heavy armor using a talisman. Then I wandered off and it wasnt as brutal on damage with the dlc specific upgrades. Made it to a castle dungeon and the boss stopped after a couple of attempts.

Game super benefits from some fresh areas. Will have all the same replay issues but for now seeing new stuff is great.

fredly

Super Star
Jan 30, 2003
Got bored and ended up buying it. Beat blackgaol knight and that wickerman thing and demi human tosh first try. Horse boss is wrecking me tho.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
It could just be me, my level, my build, etc but the third boss is rooouugh.

Malenia wasn’t as much of a problem for me because she worked in a way where you could see her programming and get into a rhythm of baiting things out. You could also stun lock her at times.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Keep Going, Spiral Out
Dec 19, 2007
Got my 2nd Scadutree upgrade and finally beat that damn Blackgaol Knight. Got his armor which is a slight improvement over what I currently have on. It just weighs a little bit more so I'll have to equip the arsenal charm or unequip my shield so I don't fat roll. I might be able to re-spec and lower my dexterity to like 13 (it's at 17) and get a higher max equip load.

Sep 27, 2011
Feel bad about demi-human Yosh - I quickly curse-blood spammed him because I instantly didn't like that he was evasive...

Big mistake, he was weak to pursue pressure and I feel like I barely got to see his moves before he was dead

I think I'm going to stop using tree fragments until I'm stuck - NG character at level 158. Feels like I may be in a strange place. Yes the Blackgoal Knight was fun and challenging but he was decidedly less strong after two tiers up with the fragments (used Scythe + Clinging Bone, really great fight)

Oct 28, 2022
Feel bad about demi-human Yosh - I quickly curse-blood spammed him because I instantly didn't like that he was evasive...

Big mistake, he was weak to pursue pressure and I feel like I barely got to see his moves before he was dead

I think I'm going to stop using tree fragments until I'm stuck - NG character at level 158. Feels like I may be in a strange place. Yes the Blackgoal Knight was fun and challenging but he was decidedly less strong after two tiers up with the fragments (used Scythe + Clinging Bone, really great fight)

158 doesn’t seem too high to me, my original NG playthrough finished at 186.

Evil__Homer

No Longer a Noob
Jul 23, 2013
Loving it so far. Few bosses in and they are tough as nails.
My son is Lvl 300++ and NG 13++ he’s having a rough time but doing well, was worried he’d quit but he’s burning through. Lol.

Hip-Hop-Potamus

pondering my orb
Apr 27, 2009
I can't read
DLC is very punishing
I'm sure it is but mechanically jelden ring is easily broken and I don't think they have fixed being able to just over level or summon people.

I got bored with Elden Ring I never felt it was too hard and quit. I'm sure the dlc is difficult, all souls stuff is but I'm sure in 2 days it will be cheesy McGee out there.

Ain't no cheesing or overleveling in Sekiro.

Doesn't really matter whatever.

The bosses I've seen from the dlc are cool as hell. I seen this elemental lion guy who's so badass

fredly

Super Star
Jan 30, 2003
I'm sure it is but mechanically jelden ring is easily broken and I don't think they have fixed being able to just over level or summon people.

I got bored with Elden Ring I never felt it was too hard and quit. I'm sure the dlc is difficult, all souls stuff is but I'm sure in 2 days it will be cheesy McGee out there.

The bosses I've seen from the dlc are cool as hell. I seen this elemental lion guy who's so badass
You can actually cheese bosses in sekiro
Bored human man
Guilty!

Evil__Homer

No Longer a Noob
Jul 23, 2013
The DLC invasion guy in the first area is wrecking me. Beating the dancing boss was easier. Lol

topdogg_187

Real name, no gimmicks
Apr 19, 2004
I am about 5 secs from breaking the seal using my mimic and going to town on this dlc lol

Firebrand64

CEO Mindset
Oct 27, 2014
I'm not sure if I've gotten extremely rusty in my time away from the game or the dlc is just that difficult. I think I might change my build. No more glintstone pebble.

ebevan91

Keep Going, Spiral Out
Dec 19, 2007
I finally beat the dancing lion by not summoning the NPC. The enemies have increased health when summoning NPCs or human players. I noticed my attacks were taking out larger chunks of his health bar. It only took a handful of tries without the NPC as opposed to probably 30+ with.

RommelMcDommel

Super Star
Mar 21, 2012
It could just be me, my level, my build, etc but the third boss is rooouugh.

Malenia wasn’t as much of a problem for me because she worked in a way where you could see her programming and get into a rhythm of baiting things out. You could also stun lock her at times.
Are you referring to the Shadow Keep boss? I just did that myself and good lord that was insane. I had to give in and use my Mimic Tear eventually

Shadow Keep overall as a dungeon is kinda cool. Feels extremely Grand Archivey

Circumventing

Perma'd User
Jun 30, 2021
no spirit ash superiority is still weird af

The game is clearly designed from the ground up around using spirit ashes, to the point that they’ve included an item in the dlc to strengthen them along with the one that boosts your damage resistance and damage output.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
Are you referring to the Shadow Keep boss? I just did that myself and good lord that was insane. I had to give in and use my Mimic Tear eventually

Shadow Keep overall as a dungeon is kinda cool. Feels extremely Grand Archivey
Yeah, that's the one. I can't wait to see no damage runs of that boss because it's hard for me to even comprehend how those would be possible. I'm sure they will, they always are, but it's going to be even more impressive than no damage runs of Malenia because of how relentless and oppressive this boss is.

Circumventing

Perma'd User
Jun 30, 2021
The more I play these games the more I realize the message system adds absolutely nothing to the experience. Everytime I force myself to read one it’s the same shit, “ah, Elden Ring” “try finger” “hole ahead” “try jumping (to your death)” “hidden path ahead (there’s not)” “amazing chest ahead (gasp a woman in a video game!)” ” “it’s nothing (after spending a bunch of time reaching a high up/secluded area)”

FromSoft fans are literally just redditors reposting the same 5 memes over and over for fake internet points

Sep 27, 2011
Oh neat was just trying out moves - the great katana has a backetep heavy move like the curved sword+rapiers

plsgoaway

No Longer a Noob
Apr 3, 2017
I finally beat the dancing lion by not summoning the NPC. The enemies have increased health when summoning NPCs or human players. I noticed my attacks were taking out larger chunks of his health bar. It only took a handful of tries without the NPC as opposed to probably 30+ with.
ok i don't have the game but please tell me more about this dancing lion

Modern_Myth

slime god
Dec 20, 2006
The Commonwealth

My issue was the open world aspect
Got bored running around doing the same mini bosses over and over again
I think @fredly had the same issue

I finally went back last night and finished Malenia’s and Mohg’s place for the dlc and those felt better since they were small self contained places

If you thought the game was too easy because of summoning and why don’t you just Respec and do a pure strength Dex build