KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
The new boards seems to have killed the old Digimon board CT for good. While this board is inactive, hopefully we can at least regain a small sense of community and spring back to life.

Please abide by the IGN Terms of Service in the CT and most of all enjoy yourselves.

Any old-school lurking Digimon fans feel free to post please. :)

chibkey

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–•๐–‘๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–†๐–™๐–Š๐–‰ ๐•ธ๐–†๐–™๐–™๐–Š๐–—๐–˜ ๐•บ๐–“๐–‘๐–ž
โ˜…
May 3, 2006
This is just perfect. All the old characters are returning in Xros Wars!

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
Agreed. I'm definitely going to watch.

Wow it's weird posting in a new CT.

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
Yeah, either some old users may stop by or some new ones will come. I got dat nostalgia so I'm gonna be back into Digimon. [face_tongue]

-InSANEity-

fuNking inSANE
Dec 9, 2007
Parts uNknown
Well I know of one certain user of the past on here that you don't want returning. LOL.

Oh, and LOL @ us talking to each other in 2 different CT's as well as on MSN.

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
Well I know of one certain user of the past on here that you don't want returning. LOL.

Oh, and LOL @ us talking to each other in 2 different CT's as well as on MSN.

Oh I'll be going in my profile and ignoring said user after this very post.

:^O Yeah that is odd, well only we'll do that. Three entirely unrelated convos too.

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
We all remember what drama the last time caused. I thought I was watching some sorry soap opera. :^O

Yes we do. (gg)

chibkey

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–•๐–‘๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–†๐–™๐–Š๐–‰ ๐•ธ๐–†๐–™๐–™๐–Š๐–—๐–˜ ๐•บ๐–“๐–‘๐–ž
โ˜…
May 3, 2006
That new Digimon game is looking awesome o: The artwork is beautiful

Last edited:

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity

martintheking

Super Star
Feb 1, 2005
This place so dead. :(
Do you want me to start posting here?

What do you think about the first icon I've made (the one I'm using now)?

:) Aww, it'd be nice if you did.

I think that icon is really nice too. Didn't you also make that icon that [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/thebestrpgman.4120730/']@thebestrpgman[/URL] was using yesterday? I liked that one also!
Thanks, I'll do that.

No, I've only made the icon I'm using now.

I'm working on a new icon without cutoffs. [face_tongue]

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
I could explain it to you if you want, it's not that difficult to do and can be very easy to catch on to.

Thanks I'd appreciate that. My main problem is creating a border around the gif image. I sometimes get the timing off a little too. [face_tongue]

Thanks, I'll do that.

No, I've only made the icon I'm using now.

I'm working on a new icon without cutoffs. [face_tongue]

Awesome. I can't wait to see that one. I haven't made any new icons in while. I think Photoshop misses me. LOL

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
Ctrl+A, edit > Stroke. At least that's how I do it in photoshop. I create a new layer to put the stroke on then put it at the top of the layers list that saves stroking every layer.

I can whip up gifs in about 20-30 min using virtualdub/vdub then editing in photoshop.

Last edited:

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
Ctrl+A, edit > Stroke. At least that's how I do it in photoshop. I create a new layer to put the stroke on then put it at the top of the layers list that saves stroking every layer.

I can whip up gifs in about 20-30 min using virtualdub/vdub then editing in photoshop.

I'm going to try whipping up a few images later when I open up Photoshop. There is one icon in particular that I tried to work on that I'd like to fix. :D

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
Good luck with that. Mostly because I whip up anime gifs I don't really do it image by image. I just cut the video and export to image then open 0.tga and then it adds them all in a batch to photoshop for me with all the frame rate/speed settings so I just stroke the border and edit the colour.

Last edited:

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
Good luck with that. Mostly because I whip up anime gifs I don't really do it image by image. I just cut the video and export to image then open 0.tga and then it adds them all in a batch to photoshop for me with all the frame rate/speed settings so I just stroke the border and edit the colour.

Oh that's perfect. I don't think I'll be making many gifs of things other than anime or cartoons. You know me, I just don't feel right using an icon of a real person. LOl

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
I'm the same, I don't know if you remember my days on the WWE SD! board (before we first started talking here) but I actually used to use Babes and wrestling icons back in the day. I do suppose though I also had quite the few Pokemon ones as well.

Get on WLM and I'll walk you through making a gif if you want.

Last edited:

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
LOL, I think I remember you using Christian when you were posting on the Smackdown board. If you remember the only wrestling related icons I used to use were Eric Bischoff, Edge, and maybe a couple of others.

Thanks that does sound nice. I'd log on if I wasn't back and forth from the computer. LOL

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
Of course I didn't. I don't work well with non-anime icons so I never bother, I leave those sort of icons to people like The_Solid_Ninja.

Those were actually all icons highly rated back in the day considering the only size was 80x80.

Last edited:

RPG

the stone the builder refused
Aug 22, 2006
The place you least suspect
This place so dead. :(
Do you want me to start posting here?

What do you think about the first icon I've made (the one I'm using now)?

:) Aww, it'd be nice if you did.

I think that icon is really nice too. Didn't you also make that icon that [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/thebestrpgman.4120730/']@thebestrpgman[/URL] was using yesterday? I liked that one also!
anime_icePop.png
or
anime_swimmingIsNice.png

[face_confused]

Either way I made both of them ..... is this your home board Kevin?

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
Of course I didn't. I don't work well with non-anime icons so I never bother, I leave those sort of icons to people like The_Solid_Ninja.

Those were actually all icons highly rated back in the day considering the only size was 80x80.

God I hated when we just had 80 x 80 icons...but when you were an outsider with no icon that icon felt pretty great when you were an insider. :^O

anime_icePop.png
or
anime_swimmingIsNice.png

[face_confused]

The female/female one.

This board used to be my Home board along with the SD board back when this board was active.

martintheking

Super Star
Feb 1, 2005

Very interesting to see that low-quality icons like that was highly ranked in the past.

Most "decent" icons today are way better and especially yours.

I'm a bit upset right now, lol.

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
Well to be honest we got more space to work with. Resolutions were lower back than as I bet most were still on stuff pre-720p or just 720p if they had decent systems/monitors.

Last edited:

martintheking

Super Star
Feb 1, 2005
Well to be honest we got more space to work with. Resolutions were lower back than as I bet most were still on stuff pre-720p or just 720p if they had decent systems/monitors.
The programs was probably also worse.

Fate said that he didn't even know about stroke for a while (etc).

Last edited:

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
I'm just glad we don't have to deal with Icon Submission Threads anymore. LOL, we used to run in hopes that our icon was submitted.

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
Well stroking wasn't really popular I don't think until the 120x120 came out it was even used mostly because it'd look even more awful. I got taught from scratch the stroke way.

I'm just glad we don't have to deal with Icon Submission Threads anymore. LOL, we used to run in hopes that our icon was submitted.

Once I got an outsider account to post into one of those, true story.

Last edited:

OnlyMyRailgun

Prime Member
Jun 2, 2011
Carecity
Well they do, but you just find a majority of icon would look bad since the images were so small and it'd be surrounded by tons of blackness.

With 120x120 and the more recent 140x140 you get more detail and it looks a lot better.

Last edited:

RPG

Aug 22, 2006
anime_icePop.png
or
anime_swimmingIsNice.png

[face_confused]

The female/female one.

This board used to be my Home board along with the SD board back when this board was active.
What made you think Keith made that one?

Just because it doesn't have much life doesn't mean it can't be your home board :( Although this place does seem to have life in it ...... and from what I heard about the SD board it seems nicer as well

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005

Just because it doesn't have much life doesn't mean it can't be your home board :( Although this place does seem to have life in it ...... and from what I heard about the SD board it seems nicer as well

LOL, I was lurking the 3DS CT and I just read a post wrong and thought you said he made it. Those icons look nice too.

You're right and now this CT seems to have some life who knows what could happen. I have a lot of memories here. :)

RPG

Aug 22, 2006

LOL, I was lurking the 3DS CT and I just read a post wrong and thought you said he made it. Those icons look nice too.

You're right and now this CT seems to have some life who knows what could happen. I have a lot of memories here. :)

[face_shame_on_you] You should post not lurk

[face_thinking] I think I know what may happen .... karld will eventually lurk his way here (he did it with every ct I post in).

Nice to see remembering those memories gives you a happy face rather than a sad face

KevinR86

Adventurer
โ˜…
Feb 15, 2005
[face_shame_on_you] You should post not lurk

[face_thinking] I think I know what may happen .... karld will eventually lurk his way here (he did it with every ct I post in).

Nice to see remembering those memories gives you a happy face rather than a sad face

I'll try to post more often.

:^O Ironically I was thinking about mentioning this board when he said that he posted on every board on IGN. It's only a matter of time before he does I guess.