chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan
REmake and RE2 are pretty high bars to clear.

Having said that, while RE7 isn't the best in the series its still very good.

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan
Personally I'd rank it below RE1/REmake/RE2 /RE3, on par with CVX, and above RE Zero, RE4/5/6 and the Rev games.

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
REmake will always win best RE but RE7 is stil one of the best REs out there. It's a great game on it's own as well. Good job Capcom.

MikeyH1990

Noob
Mar 30, 2017
For me RE1 and especially RE2 will never be topped!

However I really enjoyed RE7 and for me this comes closest to 1 and 2, although I did have a soft spot for Code Veronica aswell

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
I had almost as much fun with RE7 as I did with RE1 way back. That's saying a lot because with RE1 I didn't expect anything and was floored by what it delivered. I had only played games like Mario, Zelda and Final Fantasy. RE7 wowed me on a different level as an older jaded gamer. Or maybe RE6 was so bad I had no expectations. Either way it was super fun and I enjoyed that Capcom brought back the horror, mystery and exploration. Thanks Capcom.

D

deleted-1177016

Original poster
Eh, it's definitely a good RE but I wouldn't say it's nearly as good as the series' best, RE1, REmake and RE2, though I do prefer it to most of the series post-2. I'd say RE4/5 could be argued as better but it's a real return to form after years of shitty games, especially the spin-offs.

My personal ranking would be something like:
RE2 > REmake > RE1 > RE5 > RE7 = RE4 > RE3 > RECV > RE0

Gino_34

Nothing will ever top REmake.
As great as the dark atmosphere was in RE7, REmake is still better in that department. Never really felt scared playing RE7.

REmake still gives me goosebumps during certain sections in the game. Especially when Crimsons are running loose! [face_worried]

-Syf

Aniki
Oct 21, 2017
It's a good game and a good sign for the future of the IP, but REmake is still my favorite. Everything about that game oozes atmosphere. I still replay it.

D

Deleted member 119

Original poster
It's good, but I would have it no higher than fifth on my personal list. REmake > RE4 > RE3 > RE2 > RE7

GamerSince95

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 27, 2014
Above it I have RE4, RE2, REmake, Revelations 2 and CV.
It was a really good game but not a big fan of FP games

ryodin

Treads the Jeweled Thrones of Earth Under His Feet
Nov 10, 2000
New York City
It's pretty good. More importantly, it restores my faith in the series and I would definitely be interested in any follow ups now. Whereas before RE7 I was ready to retire this series for good.

There's no way you can rank RE7 too high, however, because it's simply too damn easy compared to the other games. That detracts a lot from any serious consideration as a "best" anything in gaming. It's also much shorter than any main title RE game released.

Still, I do think it's better than most of the games in the series. And, yeah, it also reminded me of RE1 in many ways. What I mean is, in that sense that you were playing something brand new and very claustrophobic/spooky with a mysterious story that you really wanted to get to the bottom of.

That makes RE7 pretty remarkable, actually.

REmake is still the best RE game, followed closely by RE2. I put RE7 below Code Veronica, but above RE3.

RE5 comes next, followed by RE4. I never liked Zero, tbh, and normally it would be last ... but that special place in hell is reserved for RE6! ;)

Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯
★ MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Above 0, 4, 5 and 6, as well as the Revelations games. Not as good as the PSOne trilogy, CVX or REmake. Enemy design, outside the Baker family, was definitely a let down, and combat was a bit of a chore. They really nailed the exploration and sense of progression though. I honestly didn’t think they had it in them to make a true survival horror game again, really glad they proved me wrong!

Neko_roar

I'm the menu sound you hear in RE2/CV
Oct 19, 2008
I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed most games last year...not the best horror game, but not the worst Resident Evil, either. It's got a great polish to it, and the focus on the family brought the game into its own, honestly. It honestly did creep me out pretty good, particularly when you get to the darkened child's room.

That's something RE5, RE6, and Revelations didn't do for me. Creep me out, so in terms of horror, it's better than those three. But nowhere above REmake...maybe a tie with RE3 and CV.