IRMacGuyver

IR not supposed to be here
Jan 13, 2001
@DarkBlood999
So fighting Miranda when she turns everything black you can toss a flash bang or shoot a flash grenade to end the darkness. The wiki page doesn't list this action at all and of course as seems to be common now they keep the wiki pages locked so I can't do edits anymore. There's not even a talk page to go to just that was this helpful box down at the bottom. I said no and gave my reason but I got this sort of stuff fixed a hell of a lot quicker when I could just PM @sng-ign

I don't even know if this damages her at all or just ends that section of the fight so you can move on to a version of the fighting where you can do damage more easily.

Probably gonna need some confirmation and more testing to see exactly what the details of this strategy involve.

Last edited:

DarkBlood999

Moderately Disturbed
★ MOD
Aug 7, 2001
Washington
The hell you say?

What's wrong? Didn't like RE7 or did life finally start getting in the way of your Resident Evil obsession?
RE7 was okay. I don't like first person. I'll play it eventually, but I'm in no rush right now. I got the RE2 and RE3 remakes right away, though. I feel like they should have just made a new IP with these recent games because they're so different.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
RE7 was okay. I don't like first person. I'll play it eventually, but I'm in no rush right now. I got the RE2 and RE3 remakes right away, though. I feel like they should have just made a new IP with these recent games because they're so different.
That sucks. What happened to the days when you got early samples to help with making the guides for IGN? Or was that just RE5? that was 5 right?

I think they probably wanted to make a new IP for RE7 but realized horror games still don't sell well so they might as well attach the Resident Evil name for the guaranteed sales that brings. After all RE5 and 6 by no means deserved the sales numbers they saw based on gameplay alone. Revelations was interesting but Revelations 2 swerved back toward RE5/6 territory. The big problem beyond not knowing what to do with horror games is that Capcom is just KEEPS trying to make Resident Evil Online happen but it's not gonna happen cause no one ever cares about the online multiplayer. The games' fanbase is mostly in it for the single player story driven experience. Capcom however just wants those lucrative online microtransactions.

Anyway RE8 is, good or bad, extremely similar to RE4 so you may like it more than RE7 despite the camera angle. Hell get it on PC and I'm sure someone will make a mod to give the game a 3rd person over the shoulder camera angle. I can't think of too many places beyond a few crawlspaces or airducts where a regular 3rd person camera would be hard to implement. The environments seem big enough to handle the change in camera angle without too much trouble. Lord knows there are already enough mods to make lady dimitri naked.

DarkBlood999

Moderately Disturbed
★ MOD
Aug 7, 2001
Washington
That sucks. What happened to the days when you got early samples to help with making the guides for IGN? Or was that just RE5? that was 5 right?
RE4, RE5, and Revelations.

Revelations was interesting but Revelations 2 swerved back toward RE5/6 territory.
Revelations 2 definitely wasn't as action oriented as those two. I liked it.

Anyway RE8 is, good or bad, extremely similar to RE4 so you may like it more than RE7 despite the camera angle.
But I didn't like RE4, lol. I mean, I had some fun with it, but it was the worst main RE game.

Hell get it on PC and I'm sure someone will make a mod to give the game a 3rd person over the shoulder camera angle. I can't think of too many places beyond a few crawlspaces or airducts where a regular 3rd person camera would be hard to implement. The environments seem big enough to handle the change in camera angle without too much trouble. Lord knows there are already enough mods to make lady dimitri naked.
I think that's already been done, actually.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
Revelations 2 definitely wasn't as action oriented as those two. I liked it.
I guess the main thing is that it's two player like 5 and 6. Revelations 1 had the worse villains and story. It was super cheesy and campy and the new character design was like something out of an anime. And from someone that likes anime I don't mean that as a complement.

But I didn't like RE4, lol. I mean, I had some fun with it, but it was the worst main RE game.
As much as I hate 4 for the giant midget robot 5 and 6 are worse in my book. 6 being the worst.

I think that's already been done, actually.
The only 3rd person camera I had heard about was to make it a fixed camera style and it didn't work well yet. But yeah you're right there are already videos demoing the over the shoulder camera.

FYI I did not get any alert that you quoted me ITT for some reason. Broken ass IGN.