Dec 30, 2021
Seriously...

How can they hate RE3 for removing content, but glorify RE2, which did the same thing?

How can RE5 be a bad game, when RE5 is nearly identical to RE4? By that logic, RE6 tops all then, since it has zombies and better controls. But uh. Of course. Nobody likes that game.

RE7 wasn't really a return to RE either. They just stole ideas from different horror movies. Named it RE7. There are people who hate RE7 too, but love RE8. How come?

Also, you get so many people that claim they love the original games from the PlayStation era, yet you notice on GameFAQs that they moan about how they look and play. They're honestly just hypocrites. So I'm done with them.

D

deleted-1096115

Original poster
I know that’s an old post, but here’s my opinion on this.

Resident Evil 3 (REmak3) does lack content when compared to Resident Evil 2 (REmake2). REmake 2 has the mini game survivors, unlockable rewards, and Scenario paths (though is more contradictory when compared to the original RE2 and the use of its Zapping system).

In fact, original RE3 has more contents than REmak3 especially when it has multiple incidents, paths, rewards and mini game.

REmak3 is a great game but lacks what REmake2 and original RE3 had. It could have gone better, but it may have to do with timing for other projects as well.

RE5 is a great game with a nice co-op and rewards. Now the reason it was hated perse was that it had lacked what the original teaser had shown back then, giving fans the impression that survival horror returns.

Then later it was shown more an action like RE4 and hypocrisy of the backlash on “racism” (white man offing black people bad, white offing Spaniard’s cool). Plus the final trailer just basically gave out 95% spoilers.

RE4 was praised and jeered for. It was the best action game at the time, but it also removed the survival horror elements from the original teasers and past games.

Back to RE5, Lost in Nightmare, while short, was a fan service done right and got a great reception of it.

RE6… is a video game. It’s playable, and fun with another player (and the demo had the worst control, but addressed later), and Leon’s chapter as nearly close to the classics as it can get (sort), but it’s just a RE game that detached the series especially how easy the puzzles are. In fact, I believe one of the user here had said it insulted his intelligence, which is agreeable as the puzzles in RE4 to 6 are like matching shapes in the box.

RE7 returned to its roots based on reception. And this stolen you complained about, maybe you should complained about RE1, 2, 3, and Code Verónica as most were taken from genres. RE1 was inspired by that Japanese NES games and Alone in the Dark and of course George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead. RE2 and 3 took a big inspiration from George Romero’s films as well including movies like The Blob. Code Veronica’s inspiration, believe it or not, was inspired by The Thing as well.

RE8 got mix reception. Some prefer 7, and some felt it is almost more like RE4 to 6.

Hopefully it clears it up.

Mecha_Tiger7

Umbrella Experiment
Jul 14, 2005
I know that’s an old post, but here’s my opinion on this.

Resident Evil 3 (REmak3) does lack content when compared to Resident Evil 2 (REmake2). REmake 2 has the mini game survivors, unlockable rewards, and Scenario paths (though is more contradictory when compared to the original RE2 and the use of its Zapping system).

In fact, original RE3 has more contents than REmak3 especially when it has multiple incidents, paths, rewards and mini game.

REmak3 is a great game but lacks what REmake2 and original RE3 had. It could have gone better, but it may have to do with timing for other projects as well.

RE5 is a great game with a nice co-op and rewards. Now the reason it was hated perse was that it had lacked what the original teaser had shown back then, giving fans the impression that survival horror returns.

Then later it was shown more an action like RE4 and hypocrisy of the backlash on “racism” (white man offing black people bad, white offing Spaniard’s cool). Plus the final trailer just basically gave out 95% spoilers.

RE4 was praised and jeered for. It was the best action game at the time, but it also removed the survival horror elements from the original teasers and past games.

Back to RE5, Lost in Nightmare, while short, was a fan service done right and got a great reception of it.

RE6… is a video game. It’s playable, and fun with another player (and the demo had the worst control, but addressed later), and Leon’s chapter as nearly close to the classics as it can get (sort), but it’s just a RE game that detached the series especially how easy the puzzles are. In fact, I believe one of the user here had said it insulted his intelligence, which is agreeable as the puzzles in RE4 to 6 are like matching shapes in the box.

RE7 returned to its roots based on reception. And this stolen you complained about, maybe you should complained about RE1, 2, 3, and Code Verónica as most were taken from genres. RE1 was inspired by that Japanese NES games and Alone in the Dark and of course George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead. RE2 and 3 took a big inspiration from George Romero’s films as well including movies like The Blob. Code Veronica’s inspiration, believe it or not, was inspired by The Thing as well.

RE8 got mix reception. Some prefer 7, and some felt it is almost more like RE4 to 6.

Hopefully it clears it up.
Agreed. The Famicom game you were referring to is called Sweet Home and RE1 was supposed to be a remake of that.At one point it was even suppose to be a first person shooter involving aliens before we got what we got.

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan
While the remake of RE2 was pretty good, I think it's largely the younger crowd glorifying it because they never played the original. The remake had issues, namely the A/B scenarios not lining up right and the story just generally being told better in the original. While RE3R definitely deserves criticism for it's cut content, I will give it credit for having a lot of unlockables. I loves me some unlockables.

RE6 exists, and that's it.

RE7 was largely inspired by RE1 and that's right from the dev team. I really liked it and thought RE8 was good too, but doesn't really lend itself to repeat plays. House Bienitievo was amazing though.