Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144930p1.html]No Wolverine in First Class[/link]
by Scott Collura

Summary:
No Wolvie, no way, no how -- but here are even more new images from the latest X-Men movie. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144930p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
Ya know, I look at McAvoy and I say to myself, "Yep. Definitely SCREAMS professor Xavier."

Dec 4, 2010
Wolverine is awesome but severely overrated and doesn't need to be tacked on to everything having to do with X-Men. I'm glad he's absent from this.

May 23, 2010
In that interview McAvoy says its "not a reboot" and that it's a "prequel"...yeah sure whatever?

Thats just an auto fail for me.

And isn't Havok supposed to be YOUNGER than Cyclops? As in isn't he Scott's younger brother?

This movie just feels rushed and ultimately is going to be very boring I feel. Sadly I have more interest in Thor than in this....

Don't even get me started on the trash that is The Green Lantern. Ryan Reynolds will raise the bar on cheesiness and camp with that movie which is a shame.

caltex78

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 7, 2007
If it's a prequel, then why is Hank Beast when we saw him as plain old Hank in one of the other X movies(he was on tv). If it's a reboot, why design Mystique the same way? Fox has definitely turned these movies into a big, jumbled mess.

rainyfriday

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 11, 2007
Ok. It's impossible to mess up Professor Xavier. All you gotta do is make him bald and put him in a wheelchair. HOW THE HELL DID YOU MESS UP PROFESSOR XAVIER, FOX!!!???

Aug 27, 2009
no matter what u can not replace the fact that they fuck up the serious by not adding cyclops and Jean to the picture they r Professor x first students.

jestarman

Prime Member
Feb 19, 2004
rainyfriday I effing lol'ed at ur comment! But seriously this is the best news I've heard. As far as why they're not including Cyclops and Jean and the like I do believe "1st class" is reffering to the older folks of the x-universe. I know it's kind of weird to have Havok in there as a "1st class" member but take it with a grain of salt. We all know movie studios have zero respect for continuity but if they do a good job then I say roll with it. Anyhoo Matthew Vaughn is directing so this should be awesome!

blkshp0

Noob
Apr 4, 2009
First thing I'd have to tell some folks on here, is: these are not the comic books, they're "alternate" universes. Therefore the stories and characters will not always be exactly the same as they were in the comics. I know it sucks, but thats the game, you gotta just deal with it, or ignore the movies all together. Now on a second thought, I know the Xmen pretty well, and I can't tell who most of the characters are supposed to be. I find that troubling.

sdlewis2

Noob
Oct 3, 2008
F. You. Nicolas. Hoult.

He is the sole reason I do not want to see this film. I like actors who aren't smug, untalented tits.

Matthew Vaughn hasn't made a bad film yet, but I just can't see how this is going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.