Sanderella

Noob
Mar 10, 2009
Hi all!

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it night-time in Lego Lord of the Rings. I've tried leaving the game active and checking every hour or so to see if night falls, but it never does unless I'm in Bree.

Does anyone know how to turn the open world into night time so I can activate the night-time quests?

Sanderella

Nov 18, 2012
When you travel map stone to map stone, you can choose daylight or night. If you need to switch to get a character in that area, just go to the map stone and you can choose night or day there. You'll have to walk back to where ever you are before the map stone.

Jan 13, 2006
How exactly do you choose daylight or night? Which button is it? Note that I have not completed the entire story-mode yet.

Nov 18, 2012
Once you can free play Middle Earth (can't do this until you finish the story) when you select a map stone, you'll have a choice of a sun or a moon for day or night.

minipc

Noob
Mar 10, 2014
It is possible to complete quite a few of the night-time quests in story mode, if you do them after completing The Paths of the Dead, and before beginning The Battle of Pelennor Fields.