May 16, 2008
Picked up Dead Space 3 in the Sony Playstation Sale for £5 as it had good reviews. I am on Chapter 6 and finding it almost impossible to defeat the Necromorphs that seem to swarm all over me. I never seem to have enough materials to improve my weapons, which seem pretty ineffectual. One seems to hurl the attacker back, with an electric bolt, but does not kill. The other, which I think is a Plasma Cutter, does not seem to stop them. I realise that you are supposed to fire at legs and arms, but this is difficult when more than one is attacking, and some come from behind. Any advice would be appreciated. Also I would like to know what is the best weapon, I can expect to have at Chapter 6 stage and how do I get it?

ReaperWGF

Noob
Jan 29, 2014
Here's a fun tactic from an experienced Dead Space player: until you can upgrade to better weapons and just have the plasma cutter; start aiming at the arms at closer ones, legs on the farther necros.. try getting into the habit of aiming at the arms more than anything else and grab with kinesis shooting it back no less than a split second after grabbing the limb. If done fast enough the necromorph will still be aligned with your crosshair to get impaled, or that necro will flop back letting you impale the ones behind it.. I did this all throughout Dead Space 2 and every difficulty in Dead Space 3 for the platinum trophy. It pushed out the most damage output in less than a second, which is good when you can tell you're about to get swamped. The Kinesis module is by far your best tool, even something as basic as picking up a chair and shooting it at an enemy will make it stumble/allow you time to make space between each other, the weak enemies (like the little boney guys you bump into after landing on the planet on your way to unlock the Arctic Survival Suit) die when hit with a blunt object, and luckily in Dead Space 3, there's alot of crap around you at all times to chuck at everything.

As for lack of supplies? Selling some of the excess items you pick up gets you some resources, anything and everything you find you can sell for resources.. extra ammo you don't need it (which is practically all of it to be honest.. you pick up so much ammo from one checkpoint to the next, that you can sell all of it and still end up with a full inventory by the next checkpoint). Its a feature I'm not all too fond of tho, having universal ammo doesn't give off that sense of "alright.. lets watch out on how many bullets I use up.." like in the 1st two games which is a bit of a let down and if they make a Dead Space 4 they better nip that in the bud and bring back the power node upgrading (no "upgrade circuits" fuck that) and separate ammo clips for a certain weapon, its funner that way and you play smarter with limitations oddly enough lol

But yeh, I hope this helps in some way.