SatoshiNak

Noob
Dec 14, 2015
Houston, Texas
Anyone else checked-out the new Megadeth album? So, I'm a big Megadeth/Mustaine fan, thing is though, I really only love the first albums up-to-and-including Rust In Peace. Countdown and Youthanasia had some decent songs but I never fell in love with them, the early albums just had something about them, especially Peace Sells with Chris Poland and Gar Samuelson with their musicianship and insanity which paired well with a pissed-off Mustaine. So Far, So Good, So What is another favorite - Set the World Afire...In My Darkest Hour, Mary Jane...?! Jeff Young was also a sick, sick guitarist and that's another favorite although I hear a lot of people say they never really dug it. Rust In Peace is a masterpiece, Holy Wars to this day is probably my all-time favorite all-around metal song. But after that, Marty's influence wanted to take it into a poppier direction and this is where I lost a lot of interest in the band.

The past several albums for me have been let-downs but I've got to say that I was pretty surprised at the latest album, Dystopia. I've only given it about three listens, but there are some solid songs on here and I'm really blown-away at Kiko Loureiro's musicianship and work on here - the dude RIPS! It's still not on the level of old Megadeth, but it is not bad at all and a far cry from some of the more recent offerings from Mustaine.

Kepler-22B

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 2, 2012
Portland, OR
Mate, you just pretty much summed up my feelings on Megadeth. I've been a huge fan and still am since the beginning. Even during the awful 'Risk' years there was still a track or two that I liked. I think Dystopia is the best album since So Far So Good So What....I really liked Endgame and a couple of songs on Thirteen. Because of the their work on Peace Sells and Holy Wars that body of thrash just does it for me, through and through. Just amazing to me. Dave has said some d**k sh*t in his time but I actually believe he's probably an OK guy. Just an outspoken dickhead sometimes. And he knows it.

axstar713

Noob
Jun 24, 2015
Mate, you just pretty much summed up my feelings on Megadeth. I've been a huge fan and still am since the beginning. Even during the awful 'Risk' years there was still a track or two that I liked. I think Dystopia is the best album since So Far So Good So What....I really liked Endgame and a couple of songs on Thirteen. Because of the their work on Peace Sells and Holy Wars that body of thrash just does it for me, through and through. Just amazing to me. Dave has said some d**k sh*t in his time but I actually believe he's probably an OK guy. Just an outspoken dickhead sometimes. And he knows it.
Same here, Endgame is a great album and just opens with a bang. There are a few solid tracks on Thirteen but Dystopia has really surprised me and I've really enjoyed it.Kiko's a great addition to the band.

Jun 12, 2006
Midgar
I haven't listened to Megadeth's new album yet.

I, however, thought United Abominations was pretty good. "Washington Is Next" being my favorite guitar song and "A Tout le Monde" as my favorite on the album overall. Killing Is My Business was good, too.

CMPunkd

Noob
Mar 7, 2010
May be a couple weeks late, but congrats to Megadeth. Dystopia earned the band their very first Grammy award.

DRExLOC

No Longer a Noob
Aug 8, 2007
Solid comeback album. Nothing special though. I'd probably take Endgame as their best "modern" album over this. That being said they have so much top notch stuff in their catalogue(85-97) that it doesn't even matter