Flyers369

Noob
Aug 4, 2014
Hey Guys!

As Nhl 14 is starting to die down, I started a fresh gm mode with the New Jersey Devils. I am an huge fan of Live the life and of course, Be A Gm. Right now, I am kind of stuck with my team. I am 3 years in, after two 2nd round loses. We've went on a bad streak going 10- 11 - 2, and am just asking for opinions. This is what the team looks like.

1st Line: Jeff Skinner SNP 87 Jonathan Toews TWF 96 Charlie Coyle 82 PWF

2nd Line: Reid Boucher SNP 80 Adam Henrique TWF 83 Louis Leblanc PLY 86

3rd Line: Tedenby PLY 82 Loktionov PLY 81 Mursak SNP 82

4th Line: Jokinen TWF 82 Josefson TWF 79 Nystrom GRN 78

Defense:

!st Pairing: Mcbain OFD 85 Ekblad TWD 83

2nd Pairing: Gelinas TWD 83 Larsson TWD 83

3rd Pairing: Whitney OFD 82 Greene TWD 83

Goaltenders: Cory Schneider 86
Martin Brodeur 83

In the system my most notable prospects are Connor Mcdavid, 5 star 57 overall and for goaltending Anthony Brodeur 68 overall. The team is solid, but for some reason just not clicking. If anyone has any suggestions for trades or line changes or signings, please post :) Also, post your Gm teams! I love looking at those. Thanks!

GHuysmans

Star
Dec 29, 2006
You need definitely need more grit, that's for sure.

Player progression and overalls in NHL are atrocious. Player progression is almost laughable.

Flyers369

Noob
Aug 4, 2014

Player progression and overalls in NHL are atrocious. Player progression is almost laughable.

Tell me about it, in the 1st year Henrique had a 70 point year centering the 2nd line. Didn;t even get a jump. Neither Larsson or Gelinas, all guys with great potential. I planned a more scoring - like 3rd line. Obviously is not working. Thanks for the comment.

GHuysmans

Star
Dec 29, 2006

Tell me about it, in the 1st year Henrique had a 70 point year centering the 2nd line. Didn;t even get a jump. Neither Larsson or Gelinas, all guys with great potential. I planned a more scoring - like 3rd line. Obviously is not working. Thanks for the comment.

I meant player progression is too forgiving, (too high of jumps).
I think player progression should be more based off consistency. EA needs to revamp their overall system. It looks like Madden has fixed theirs.

Flyers369

Noob
Aug 4, 2014

I meant player progression is too forgiving, (too high of jumps).
I think player progression should be more based off consistency. EA needs to revamp their overall system. It looks like Madden has fixed theirs.

Hmm, yeah I guess so. A thing I truly dislike is certain players on certain teams that actually NEVER progress. Like, maybe a Sean Monahan. It shouldn't be like "Well, in my gm mode he never gets better, so you shouldn't get him." Of course, there is busts in the NHL. But it shouldn;t be the same thing for every gm mode. Also, I liked the letter potential that was in Nhl 12 much better than the star. Stars are way too predictable. For example, 4 and a half yellow most likely means high 80's and 3 and half lower 80's. I agree with you on the consistency. A player shouldn't get better because of expierance, but more of playing their roles correctly (point production, plus minus, etc) Picks are under-valued so much in this game. Speaking of picks, there is absolutely no depth in the computer generated drafts. Hidden gems should be able to be found in the later rounds. Of course, super rare. I know tons of guys who were picked in the 3rd, 4th, 5th and sometimes 7th round who turned out to be superstars in the NHL (Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Pk Subban, etc) Thats my rant for the day.

Jul 28, 2006
Anaheim
I started a new GM as the Ducks and did some excellent trading for a first year I think

LW Bobby Ryan C Ryan Getzlaf RW Corey Perry
LW James va Riemdsyk C Ryan Kesler RW Kyle Palmieri
LW Andre Cogliano C Saku Koivu RW Teemu Selanne
LW Chris Kunitz C Brian Boyle RW Scott Hartnell

Brent Burns Cam Fowler
Francois Beauchemin Sheldon Souray
Sami Vatanen Hampus Lindholm

Kari Lehtonen Frederik Andersen

Traded Jakub Silfverberg back to OTT and a 3rd Round for Ryan
Two 2nd Round Picks to TOR for JVR
Devante Smith Pelly to PHI for Scott Hartnell
Ben Lovejoy to SJ for Brent Burns (I swear that happened)
Jonas Hiller to PIT for Chris Kunitz
1st Round Pick in 2016 to DAL for Kari Lehtonen