Oct 14, 2009
I would have thought that Indiana's front office is smart enough to understand that McMillan's overachieving with that roster created unrealistic playoff expectations that couldn't be met. Guess not. McMillan deserves a job and doesn't have baggage like a Thibs or Mark Jackson where teams understandably stay away. Well, teams that aren't the Knicks.

I can't see Antoni taking the Pacers job if he parts ways with Houston, assuming he doesn't have any Indiana ties. At this point, he probably knows that he's only going to have success with an All NBA caliber wing/guard that can play the point.

RoBoforce334

.--. --- --- .--. That's poop in morse code lol
Oct 17, 2004
I would have thought that Indiana's front office is smart enough to understand that McMillan's overachieving with that roster created unrealistic playoff expectations that couldn't be met. Guess not. McMillan deserves a job and doesn't have baggage like a Thibs or Mark Jackson where teams understandably stay away. Well, teams that aren't the Knicks.

I can't see Antoni taking the Pacers job if he parts ways with Houston, assuming he doesn't have any Indiana ties. At this point, he probably knows that he's only going to have success with an All NBA caliber wing/guard that can play the point.

Is not getting swept in the first round 3 years in a row an unrealistic expectation?

Oct 14, 2009
Is not getting swept in the first round 3 years in a row an unrealistic expectation?
In 2018, McMillan took LeBron to seven games with an ass butt roster, I think that negates the sweeps of the last two years. The Pacers had no chance winning those series, and I don't see how falling below the (realistic) gentleman's sweep expectations means he should lose his job.

RoBoforce334

.--. --- --- .--. That's poop in morse code lol
Oct 17, 2004
In 2018, McMillan took LeBron to seven games with an ass butt roster, I think that negates the sweeps of the last two years. The Pacers had no chance winning those series, and I don't see how falling below the (realistic) gentleman's sweep expectations means he should lose his job.

Damn it why did I say 3? Well anyway I disagree that we had an ass roster for that Cavs series. It was much better and also better match up wise with the Cavs compared to how it was in the playoffs before that one when they got swept. It ended up being a better team than expected. It wasn't actually bad.

I'll just say this

The heat beat the pacers in every regular season matchup except for one not serious game. Then went on to sweep

The Celtics beat the pacers in every regular season game except one close game and then went on to sweep. The pacers lost to them 7 times in a row that season

Pacers have had injuries but Nate also has some clear in game coaching deficiencies. You don't match up this badly against good teams as a good team yourself without it largely being a game plan, coaching, and or adaptation issue.

simms2bavaro

No Longer a Noob
Jan 3, 2006
IDK about this move. The grass isn't always greener.

Which coach was getting that team past the first round? If getting swept was the deciding factor then that's just dumb. The decisively better team's the decisively better team whether it's 4-0 or 4-2.