Tiger61378

You gonna scream before I ban ya?
Sep 4, 2000
Fyrestone, deep in the Borderlands
This should be...interesting. Guess it will make the final race pretty exciting, and prevent there from being one person walking away with the championship after 5 Chase races by winning all 5 while his competition has horrible weeks. I kinda wonder if its a bid to cut down on Johnson's dominance though.

Oct 27, 2006
Using this system:

In 2006, rookie Denny Hamlin would be the champ

In 2013, dale jr would win the cup

So yeah it's definitely a gateway to the otherwise impossible.

Then I says to the wise guy, "You can't handle the Tapatalk!"

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
I cant begin to really express how much I hate these changes, as far as I'm concerned this fully ruins the championship.
This season, we'll have numerous race winners, but no true champion.
The way they've now set up the championship, a driver who runs consistently up front all year, stays in the top 3 to 5 in the standings almost all year(for example, Dale Jr last year.) but fails to win a race, will NOT have a chance to win the championship, however, a man who could potentially be mid pack all year, or worse, but manages to get a lucky win(For example, happens to be in the right place in a shortened race..) gets to be i the chase.
The points officially mean nothing, how you finish(out side of winning) officially wins nothing.

Nothing matters. Win one race. Blow off the rest of the season, none of it means anything to you.

Make the chase? Most of those races mean nothing now either, it all comes down to the final race, you could be perfect until homestead, have a bad week that week? You lose.

With this set up, the best driver, the man who SHOULD be champion, most likely wont be the champion.

The fans are getting screwed out of a respectable champion in their sport, but worse than that, the teams are getting screwed, countless hard work that now means nearly nothing when consistent strong racing is thrown out the door for one fluke week.