Je4emy18

Star
Jul 22, 2005
Nummber 3: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3. This game is pretty much on everyone's favorite DBZ game and it's my top 3.

280px-Budokai_3_EU_Cover.jpg

Number 2: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2. So awesome. Loved the long story mode.
tumblr_ln07wqeX2q1qcyd21o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mvwzhzC7LW1sn9t2ro1_500.png

Number 1: Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku (Series). A no brainer.

The greatest DBZ game(s) I have ever played. I put more total time on that than POKEMON!
And I have never seen anyone here ever having talked about it.

LoGSeries.png

Je4emy18

Star
Jul 22, 2005
15 views and no responds. I need to spice it up:

What's your guys top 3 or top 5?Oh yeah, I saved this thread [face_mischief] lol

Aug 4, 2014
Budokai Tenkaichi 3, had the best character selection by far, Ultimate Tenkaichi 2 had the best gameplay, Budokai 1 had the best story mode, but Budokai 3 had the best 'free roaming' story. Combine these three together, and you will have the best game so far, which with any luck, it looks like Xenoverse is doing.

Coolcat111111

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 26, 2014
Your mom
Budokai Tenkaichi 3, had the best character selection by far, Ultimate Tenkaichi 2 had the best gameplay, Budokai 1 had the best story mode, but Budokai 3 had the best 'free roaming' story. Combine these three together, and you will have the best game so far, which with any luck, it looks like Xenoverse is doing.

Ultimate Tenkaichi 2?

Kaioshin-Gohan

Insert witty title here
Dec 20, 2002
Hmm top 3

3. Budokai 3 (PS2). Best Traditional fighting game based on DBZ ever made.

2. DBZ Legends (Saturn). I'm old school and before number 1 on my list showed up this was THE best DBZ experience ever to me. The graphics weren't all that great even back then and it was very simple but could be very deep with the countering system in my eyes. I spent countless hours playing this game and it's still probably the most fun I've had playing a DBZ game. [face_cool] With the tug of war system you could literally fight for hours before you gained any type of advantage. [face_tongue] I actually used to record my fights and would hook up my dreamcast audio and play my own music....ahh the memories all 3 of Buu's forms against Mystic Gohan or SSJ2 Kid Gohan, was such a challenge! [face_mischief]

1. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2). To me, The best game to feel like a DBZ fighting game.

1 and 2 are real close to me, easily interchangeable, but I give the nod to Tenkaichi 3 because it was like an updated version of Legends and it felt like a DBZ game, not just a fighting game with DBZ characters.

Honorable mentions
Hyper Dimension
Super Butoden 2
Shin Butoden
Tenkaichi 2
Supersonic Warriors

Je4emy18

Star
Jul 22, 2005
Did any of you guys actually play Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku (Series) at all!? Not one is mentioned by it.

Aug 10, 2008
I thought the LoG games were kinda lame honestly.

I remember playing Legends on my PSOne. That game was awesome! One of few games I can recall that didn't have the best graphics and had simple gameplay, yet was one of the most fun to play. A prime example that graphics and complex controls aren't everything. Fun gameplay makes a game at it's core. The word GAME is even in the word gameplay.... lol

An honorable mention i'd like to bring up is Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo for the original Wii. It was an awesome platformer type game and it was nice to see a DB game that wasn't attached to Z for a change. It reminded me of an update from the older GBA game Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure with some slight changes/modifications. Both games were pretty awesome.

I would like to see a fighting game based solely on DB at some point too. We all get it, Z is the most popular of the three anime series, and it's great that they throw in some characters from DB and even GT into some Z games such as BT3, but I want a purely DB based fighting game.

Jecht216

No Longer a Noob
May 3, 2009
Ohio
1- Budokai Tenkaichi 3
2- Budokai 3
3- The Legend of the Super Saiyan (the old card game Super Famicon)
4- Ultimate Battle 22 or Advanced Adventure
5- Hyper Dimension or Budokai 2 I liked the board game aspect lol.

gamemiester

No Longer a Noob
Jun 3, 2005
I've played the Legacy of Goku games and yeah they are the best DBZ games I've played which is almost all of them since Budokai 1.

I particularly liked how it had the music from the show.

I'd love if they remade them.

Ajhz

🍁The Most Random Title 🍁
Oct 2, 2005
Toronto Ontario
I don't know about top three but my favourite is Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Ps2 it is missing a few characters that I think should have been in it but it still has a lot of them to offer anyways

jeffknoxs

No Longer a Noob
Nov 2, 2005
WOW! This is my exact list too man. Except Bt2 is my absolute favorite... I know 3 is better but I never bought it. Also Legacy of Goku 2 is the shit I love getting to play as all the Super Saiyans, good times.

Jan 6, 2015
USA
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii was my absolute favorite! It costed quite the stash o' money for a used copy of it at Gamestop, but I definitely don't regret anything.

skorpio3

*BEST IN THE WORLD*
Sep 11, 2012
Planet Vegeta
#5 burst limit its basically next gen budokai 1 #4 raging blast 2 pretty much the closest to tenkaichi 3 on ps3 & xbox 360 #3 budokai 1 the classic #2 budokai 3 of course #2.5 tenkaichi 2 #1 tenkaichi 3 I swear nothing ever beats this tenkaichi 3 is the best of all time in terms of gameplay graphics & roster but the main drawback of this game is finding it these days is the real world equivalent of finding a dragon ball honorable mentions dbz battle of z just give it a chance budokai 2 dbz sagas & tenkaichi 1

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
1 - Budokai Tenkaichi (1, 2, 3) - I spent so many hours on this game and I know there is still more to learn. Tenkaichi 2 still got the best soundtrack and story mode but the combat mechanics of 3 take the cake AND the ice cream. This felt the truest to capturing the fights out of all of them in my opinion but the one downside to this game is that it is not a game that you can pick up and play.

2 - Budokai (1,2,3, Infinite World) - Once again, spent a lot of hours on this game. I was never spectacular like some of the top players are and just started to learn about cancelling in 2012 but this game was a lot of fun even if u never graduated past ppppe or kkke ppkke and so on. Great to play with friends. If they had combined DragonWorld from Budokai 3 and the Mini Games from Infinite World this might have been the best DBZgame ever in my opinion. Z1, Z2 and Z3 mode were amazing ideas and i wish they were implemented in future titles. Imagine the equivalent of Z3 in Tenkaichi!

3 - Xenoverse - may eventually take the top spot but hasnt been out long enough to see if it stands the test of time. Im just disappointed by the short story mode and lack of immersion/exploration. Toki Toki city is really boring to run around in but i like the fighting and would love to see a jump in improvement similar to the leap between Tenkaichi1 and Tenkachi2. Hopefully they will take this series and expand upon it, there is so much potential here but thats another post

Honorable Mention - Hyper Dimension - what an awesome game. I never got the extra endings but I thought the health/energy system was great and loved the "3d" element to it, it had a great soundtrack, even tho there was only like what , 12 characters? this was a great DBZ game

Safer_Seph

No Longer a Noob
Sep 5, 2004
Legacy of Goku was trash. Legacy 2 and Buu's fury, however, are so much fun.

5- Sagas
4- Legacy 2
3- BT3
2- Buu's fury
1- Xenoverse

primalfear101

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 10, 2013
Xenoverse, Boudaki Tenkaichi 2/3

I'm playing Dokkan Battle right now and seriously, it is amazingly well done. Could be one of my favs too

Last edited: