-Pneumo-

Noob
Sep 5, 2011
This game is infuriating. Got it for a change of pace and after some initial frustration with my first player-pitcher I started a new one. Still the same nightmare. I have the game on the easiest custom setting and still virtually no control on any of my pitches. My fastball drops so much I have to aim up and in just to hit the strike zone. If I adjust the slightest degree further up it will then miss up and in. My curveball is the same in the reverse direction. Even when when these issues allow me to hit in the perfect spot called for by the catcher the hitters still tee it up off me and rack up runs.

After 6 games pitched and investing 1600+ points in fastball control and VS RHB, the level of control I have is still virtually non existent. Against shorter batters it is literally impossible to throw a pitch in the strike zone.

Maybe it's the PC port of the game, not sure, but this does not resemble fun at all. Am I suppose to pitch 60 or 70 games before I can throw a decent fastball? How many hours of game time do I have to invest before the game actually becomes fun? I can understand if I was struggling because I wasn't adjusting or because I was choosing my spots poorly but I can't even choose my spots no matter how I adjust. Fastballs are either low or high and curves are high or in the dirt. For both pitches, 2/3's of the strike zone are unreachable. I might as well just mash the pitch button and get the same result I've been gettting.