Maxsteel2015

Almost Not a Noob
May 18, 2003
I don't know how many former members or old friends still visit these forums but my name is Bobby better known in game as Mordhom/Mordhem "Mordy" to most. I helped run the Guild Ravenous on Mid Merlin but I also played on Mordred as Nightrain, Nightdemon & others.

I been trying to find some Old Merlin heads. The last few days I have been trying out Guild Wars 2.

I don't know if you all are like me or not but I have never truly found a game that has replaced our beloved DAoC & while searching the net I came across this videos of GW2 WvW and to my Amazement it looked liked they ripped the whole RvR aspect of the game right out of DAoC and for the most part they actually did! After a days of trying it out I actually purchased the game considering its pretty cheap right now. The game it self is easy to jump into they give a free level 80 Character if you purchase and I found out if PvP is your thing then truthfully don't force you to do anything you dont want to... You can level all you skills in WvW and you can easily level alternative characters just from drops you gain in WvW. Their is nothing just about in the game you can't Unlock from just doing WvW. I am not sure how many of you might actually already playing n GW2 but if you have not checked out GW2 I highly suggest you to! The game has gave me hope that the system DAoC helped create wont be lost in the madness of WoW Knockoffs & Japanese games.

I have played WoW even had what remained of my people from Ravenous but in the end the game actually killed off our Clan as a whole though I am sure some stayed as the option came down to transfer or quit and I choose to do the latter.

I was hoping to find some people I really enjoyed gaming with such as Drutt (Myth) Monty (Evil Dead) Godorn of (Guardians of the Wyrd) Elmokill (Rav) Skalda (Rav) X (Clan Renegades/Rav) Malark (Rav) If any of you might know where I can find these Wonderful people it be appreciated. If I left you off the list don't feel bad because If I named everyone I have played with and miss so vary much it be a vary long list!

Anyways I am not trying to sell GW2 or anything... It just has me reminiscing on the good ole time and I had fun playing with all of you! Hell if Broadsword or who ever tried or maid the effort to maybe rebooting the game and made it easy to get back in to I guess I would be back in DAoC. For the life of me I will never figure out how a company like EA buys one of the best titles in MMO History and just sits on it like they do... No free option to get new players... No new exciting content... No Darn sequel like it deserved! I have looked at Camelot Unchained but to me DAoC was Ultimately polished and they made me spoiled graphically but I understand the game is still being worked on.

So how many of you old Merlinites haunt these forums? :-P Perhaps we all get to gather and form a Guild..... We will name it The Fellowship! LOL

Anyways I hope to hear from some of yea old heads out their I can't be the only one to come searching for his old community :-P On a side note! A game I think everyone should be looking at is Ashes of Creation! Google it maybe really we could reunite Merlin if the game turns out as good as it looks and sounds?

Happy Gaming!