Shaymin

No Longer a Noob
May 20, 2013
Shadow Moses
So nobody is talking about this?
So apparently Konami is focusing MGS3 in pachinko plataforms. What you think about it? Despite the lack of expressions the graphics seem nice.

_mardock_

No Longer a Noob
Aug 7, 2004
Maybe theres no discussion because this is the nightmare we were afraid of.

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
The way they're milking The Boss's death and Big Boss's salute makes me feel sick.
Yeah exactly. "Let's take the most emotional moment in the game, or even the series, and use it to sell FUCKING PACHINKO"

If I was in the same room as the marketing division of Konami, heads would roll.

mushinthemind

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 18, 2004
I read a comment recently that made a valid point. It seems like Konami is trying to ruin Kojima's credibility by destroying the legacy that he helped create, one shitty adaptation at a time. This is possibly due to spite and a bad break between the two. As mentioned above, hate to see my favorite series sell out this hard. However, I still believe in Kojima's future projects and that he will prosper.

ghos2

Almost Not a Noob
May 31, 2009
Missouri
I read a comment recently that made a valid point. It seems like Konami is trying to ruin Kojima's credibility by destroying the legacy that he helped create, one shitty adaptation at a time. This is possibly due to spite and a bad break between the two. As mentioned above, hate to see my favorite series sell out this hard. However, I still believe in Kojima's future projects and that he will prosper.
lol, as shitty as Konami is, I doubt they would go that far just to "ruin" Kojima's credibility. I'm not even sure I follow the logic that a pachinko machine would affect his credibility in the first place. This is nothing more than a lame cash-in on a profitable brand.

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
lol, as shitty as Konami is, I doubt they would go that far just to "ruin" Kojima's credibility. I'm not even sure I follow the logic that a pachinko machine would affect his credibility in the first place. This is nothing more than a lame cash-in on a profitable brand.
Agreed.

Regardless though, Kojima would be rolling in his grave if he saw this.

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
Can love bloom in a pachinko machine?

"Big Boss let himself go after Konami ended the series"

mushinthemind

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 18, 2004
Agreed.

Regardless though, Kojima would be rolling in his grave if he saw this.

I mention that it seems like an attack because there has been a recent increase in MGS advertisement. Such as these gems. They give me some sense of shame for revering the MGS series due to their cringiness. Like how much of a percentage of Ford customer fan base are distinct MGS fans? The open fans I have seen openly outed in public are far and in between, at least in the U. S.

D

deleted-1085394

Original poster
I would prefer if the series just ended. To me, the series ended with MGSV, everything past that point I do not recognize as Metal Gear, which includes this pachinko game.

The series ended on a high note, and despite these cash-ins, the series will still be highly regarded as one of the most acclaimed series of all time. It had a strong, decades-spanning run, so I'm satisfied.

LadyUrd

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 6, 2016
Being the one you worship.
Just like Capcom did with Shinji Mikami's Resident Evil.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
Been meaning to pick the HD version for 360, but just havent gotten round to it.

-I've never played MGS3, and I dunno if I should. Judging by gameplay vids, it's not as interesting as MGS1 or 2.

Shaymin

No Longer a Noob
May 20, 2013
Shadow Moses
Been meaning to pick the HD version for 360, but just havent gotten round to it.

-I've never played MGS3, and I dunno if I should. Judging by gameplay vids, it's not as interesting as MGS1 or 2.
MGS3 is amazing. Not as good as 1 ;p but still a very good and different game. You should really try man

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
Jungles, forests, military bases, caves, and a mountain. It's mostly nature though.

What about the hunting aspect?
-as I understand, you gotta hunt small game such as snakes, and then eat them and stuff.
Now, that sounds a bit tedious to me. So how does it fit into the gameplay, and is it at all fun part of it, this hunting?

TheMadTitan

A Colloquial Formality
Aug 22, 2004
Jungles, forests, military bases, caves, and a mountain. It's mostly nature though.

What about the hunting aspect?
-as I understand, you gotta hunt small game such as snakes, and then eat them and stuff.
Now, that sounds a bit tedious to me. So how does it fit into the gameplay, and is it at all fun part of it, this hunting?
You have to do it to replenish stamina so your aim remain accurate and your body isn't making noises for guards to hear. It could be tedious if you're slow as shit, but most areas have something, be it fruit or animals to pop and eat quickly, plus enemies can be shaken down for food, so it's not too bad.

It's less hunting and more animals are health items that you have to pick up occasionally.

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
You have to do it to replenish stamina so your aim remain accurate and your body isn't making noises for guards to hear. It could be tedious if you're slow as shit, but most areas have something, be it fruit or animals to pop and eat quickly, plus enemies can be shaken down for food, so it's not too bad.

It's less hunting and more animals are health items that you have to pick up occasionally.

Okay, I get it. Mind you, if you were eating that sort of stuff, your body would be making distressed sounds pretty fast!
-quick, to the nearest portable toilet!

Luckily MGS games always have lotsa portable toilets for when the nature calls...

SolidSnakeComplex

No Longer a Noob
May 9, 2003
Even though MGS2 is my favorite, MGS1 & MGS3 had the best pacing, story wise. I need some next gen remakes. Make them for the PC so all I have to do is plug in my PS4 or Xbox One controller and start getting to work.