ermonski

Noob
Jun 18, 2013
Hello.

I just booked a ticket going to Singapore to watch Metallica live. This is a lifelong dream for me since I've been a big fan of the band since I was a teenager.

To those of you who have watched Metallica live, how was it watching them? Do their live performances contradict all those "Metallica sucks" comments on their live concert videos? Or is it a hit-or-miss in some concerts?

Thank you!

SatoshiNak

Noob
Dec 14, 2015
Houston, Texas
I take it you're seeing them on the 22nd, should be a great show! I'm not a fan of the newer stuff but I've seen them live several times and they've always put on a great live show. My all-time favorite concert was seeing them on the ...And Justice For All tour, only downside to their shows in recent years is James' moments of crowd involvement with the "Metallica family" chanting stuff - otherwise, great live band in my opinion.

BrutalDoom

Noob
Jul 4, 2016
Dont worry i didnt look at the date of this post. This thread seems dead in general haha

Last edited:

ermonski

Noob
Jun 18, 2013
Well, it's been a month since the Metallica concert but definitely it was one of the best times of my life!

Everybody played solid (with the exception of a little screw up on the guitar harmonies in "Fight Fire With Fire"). I thought Lars was gonna be sloppy but he played solid. James never had a "yodel"-ing moment and his voice was on-point.

10/10 definitely!