Chocoburger

Dreaming of an absolution.
Apr 16, 2001
Hey, late response, but I can answer your questions.

It is impossible to play Metal Gear Solid Mobile on PC or Mac or iOS or Android. You must play it on a Nokia phone, not an N-Gage phone. This may come across as confusing so let me elaborate:

N-Gage 1.0 was a hardware device called N-Gage, that device was a flop. There are two models of N-Gage 1.0, both won't work for this game.
N-Gage 2.0 is a software suite download service included within standard Nokia phones.
Metal Gear Solid Mobile is an N-Gage 2.0 game, making it impossible to play on N-Gage 1.0 hardware.
Google Search Nokia N95 phone, look at pictures to get a better understanding of the device, that phone is confirmed to work perfectly with MGSM.

It is impossible to legally purchase Metal Gear Solid Mobile, and has been since 2009-2010, thus the only way is to hack a Nokia N95 phone and play the game that way.
The file you linked to is legit, and that is the very same file I use to play the game. Other phones may work, however I can't be certain that the hacking method would work with any phone outside of N95 model. Purchase anything other than N95 model at your own risk.
It is also highly recommended to purchase and hack an American N95 phone, and not a Chinese model. Purchase anything other than an American model at your own risk.

In order to hack the phone, it will require many steps, but if you follow all the steps correctly in order, it will work! Even better, you can sync up a Wii remote to the phone and control the game that way! Playing with an actual Wii D-pad is far superior than using the awful 'square ring controller' on the phone itself. I have all the files, and I know all the steps required to hack the phone and install the game, which I did early last year, around the time you made your post. However, I don't know if this will upset the mods and be against the rules (even for a dead platform and long-lost game that will never return), so I can't go into details explaining how to hack the phone.

You can either get back to me here, and then I can e-mail you, or you can look on reddit, where you may even find my own posts asking questions on how to hack the phone from last year.

As for the game itself, its pretty decent for a phone game. Its a 'true' Metal Gear Solid style game, with graphics roughly in the PlayStation 1.5 range, better than MGS 1, worse than MGS 2. There's even plenty of optional codec calls as well! For a mobile game, it does its best to do the series justice, and if you've played every game in the franchise so many times, and you're looking for something -anything- that will satisfy more MGS gaming, this could hold you over for a day. The game is extremely short, roughly two hours, but that means you can replay it easily.

I'll check back on this thread everyone once in a while to see if you've responded.