Feb 21, 2011
So I was watching some random vids on youtube which eventually led to Dr Light's Hilarious voice over in Megaman 8 and some of the anime scenes in X4. Though all of these scenes were done really poorly, I got to thinking, did anyone ever notice that Megaman, X, Zero, etc never teleport in these scenes. The biggest example being the "Day of Sigma" ova from Maverick hunter X. If you watch, when anyone is told to go somewhere, megaman jumps on rush and uses the Jet, X and Zero jump on Hoverbikes or whatever's around.

Then tying into the actual games, by the time the Zero series rolled around, Zero who teleported all the time in the X series never does so without some kind of assistance from other technology.

Put all of this together and you have to wonder, Was teleporting ever a part of the cannon or was it for nothing more than just a cool way to start and end stages in tradition from the original NES games?

octorocker

Noob
May 3, 2011
Hmm, you are right now that I think about it. Usually in the intro stages of MMX and the endings of boss battle usually result in a "beam me up Scotty" effect, whilst in the shows this would be rather awkward to do if X or Zero were standing in the middle of a room and beamed through the ceiling, although they could pull it off...Anyways, I guess the animators just got creative and wanted to avoid that kind of scenario. Besides, this looked cool back then, like a robot Jason Bourne [face_tongue] .
Also...were the Japanese voice actors voicing the English versions of the X4 cutscenes? X sounds like a girl or a rather feminine pre-pubescent boy, kind of like Tails in the Sonic X series on 4KIDS (ugh, that old show...wonder if they still air it...)

BlitzFatty

The Druid Plow
Oct 31, 2007
That was always a question that never got answered for me either. Every stage starts outdoors, except for final stages. Some boss fights end outdoors, which still makes sense, but then you have indoor bosses, like Mattrex or Izzy Glow, and they still teleport out. Really, I think it's Capcom not giving a damn. Maybe you could say that the Robot Master being fought is somehow jamming the teleportation signal?

Also, the VA for X in MMX4 is the same VA for Mega Man in MM8

Feb 21, 2011
BlitzFatty said:

Hm, I always thought they sounded just a bit different, guess they just did marginally better on X but it was still terrible nevertheless.

darkness35

No Longer a Noob
Mar 28, 2004
BlitzFatty said:
That was always a question that never got answered for me either. Every stage starts outdoors, except for final stages. Some boss fights end outdoors, which still makes sense, but then you have indoor bosses, like Mattrex or Izzy Glow, and they still teleport out. Really, I think it's Capcom not giving a damn. Maybe you could say that the Robot Master being fought is somehow jamming the teleportation signal?

inb4sciencefiction talk.

BlitzFatty

The Druid Plow
Oct 31, 2007
darkness35 said:
BlitzFatty said:

inb4sciencefiction talk.

SO THEORETICALLY, the particlesinx'sbodyshouldbesufficientenoughtoneverbeliketheonetimescottybeamedupkirkandhewaslikelucyyougotsomeexplainingtodoblahblahblahblahblah [face_nerd]

darkness35

No Longer a Noob
Mar 28, 2004
Uhh sure, I was only going to say that teleporting in a Robot Master's stage is encrypted like a wifi signal?

BlitzFatty

The Druid Plow
Oct 31, 2007
darkness35 said:
Uhh sure, I was only going to say that teleporting in a Robot Master's stage is encrypted like a wifi signal?

But then why wouldn't they start right in front of the boss room? Or be able to teleport any where in the base AFTER they kill the Robot Master/Maverick?

darkness35

No Longer a Noob
Mar 28, 2004
... You wouldn't want someone to @#($*&@#$ing just barge in your house no? Same damn concept [face_plain]