Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://wireless.ign.com/articles/967/967531p1.html]Mega Man 2 iPhone Review[/link]
by Mark Bozon

Summary:
First of all, do not buy this game for any reason whatsoever. Don't. Don't buy it. Do not buy it.

Don't buy it. [link=http://wireless.ign.com/articles/967/967531p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

ZCDS

Noob
Sep 6, 2008
Wow it must take some true skills to make one of the best games of all time, the lowest scored of all time.

catcher_8

You Win or You Die
Jul 31, 2004
Westeros
People didn't like using the 360 controller for Mega Man 9? I thought it had the smoothest controls of the entire original series, so long as you use the joystick and not that clunky d-pad.

prochuts

Noob
Aug 18, 2008
I kinda want to try this game out. The idea that it is so terrible probably makes it pretty tough to get through. Sounds like a good challenge.

TBSnerd2.0

Noob
Feb 11, 2009
(takes deep breath)NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
They killed megaman! (silence from crowd)
I mean the good one. crowd: OH NOEZ!!!!

Brave_Hearts.Exe

MMSF3 Battler
Jan 4, 2004
ya know, i'm tired of hearing things like that. They're ALL good. It's the person's taste that makes it seem like the other games are bad.

oracle_ab

Prime Member
Oct 3, 2005
Shame on Capcom. There's so much they could've and should've done and they may've killed their name on this platform from the start with poor self-effort. Shame.

Chibi_Blondie

xbl: Chibi Blondie
Mar 9, 2007
thanks bozon, saved me the five dollars. im still playing wolfenstein and zenbound though. its a shame i cant have mega man on my iphone yet.

fgsdgs

Noob
Oct 30, 2008
If you guys didn't know, Capcom updated the app.
You can play in landscape mode and the buttons aren't too close to each other anymore, and they also put in all the original levels.

Oct 14, 2009
This game is an entirely differnt beast now and one of my favorite apps (even though my other MP3 player can play MM2 on nes emulator i still like this more)

Det.Conan

Noob
Oct 26, 2010
I don't know when they did this, but I played it and beat the 8 robot masters in about 30 or 40 minutes. AirMans stage was... a little complicated, but he was easy. This is a great app but i can't figure out how to beat that dragon thing...

Jan 8, 2012
i was so excited when i downloaded this. my favorite mega man classic game in a portable form. it was like having the nes original on a gameboy advance. in theory.
in every review of this game i've read i've noticed two things: one, everyone uses the control scheme with the arcade joystick. you guys do realize there's a landscape mode that's much easier, has a d-pad and buttons, right?
two, everyone says it's 5 dollars. no it isn't, it's 99 cents.
overall i don't hate this game. i downloaded the lite version (with only woodman) and found the controls a little jarring and the boss a little too easy, but i still liked it enough to pay for the full version. yeah, the jumping is a little floaty and the controls are a bit slippery. yes, the difficulty has been scaled back a lot. yes the platforming is off. but i think i can boil everything that's wrong with this game to one thing: control. the nes version had good control and hard bosses. this version has shit control and easy bosses.
overall, i wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but i don't think it should go the way of ET on 2600 either.