sinsin009

Noob
Oct 25, 2012
1. I have received a great amount of referral since I first post my guide, and that really helped me a lot to start the game. I want to show those people who have read my guide, especially those who have used my referral, my appreciation. I feel like I owe those people a better guide.
2. I “still” want to EARN your referral. Yes I mean EARN not trick or anything, with my effort of giving you this great guide.
3. I want to make sure you have a better, if not the best, start from the game. I hope you will not make the same mistake I did.
If you found the guide had help you, please use the referral code from this guide. If you already had used one, you can simply say something nice to encourage and motive me/us for future updates.
Feel free to forward this guide. I do not mind you copy and paste my guide as long as you only plug in your referral code to slot #1 and #2. Leave my code alone for some respect.

PART 1 - Basic information
Know the game before you start the game !!
Card type:
Bruiser ( RED ): weak against Speed ( GREED )
Speed ( Green ): weak against Tactic ( BLUE )
Tactic ( Blue ): weak against Bruiser ( RED)
Card rarity:
- base 5* and up cards ( SSR, UR , L ): very powerful card. Fully boost and master. Fusing is optional (if you have another one. )
- base 4* (S Rare): Great card!! It definitely worth fully Boost and Master BOTH card before fusing
- base 3* (Rare): good card for early battle and as filler in mid game. Fully master and fully boost optional but not recommended.
- base 2* (Uncommon) Better junk card, some with ability!! DO NOT boost or master!! Fusioning on the other hand is situational. I will explain this in the fusion section.
- base 1*(Common) Junk card – feeding card!! DO NOT Boosting or Mastering. Fusioning, on the other hand is situational. I will explain this in the fusion section.

Actions :
Mission
- By using Energy, you can play campaign and gain not only experience, but also silvers, cards, and resources. You also gain 1 status point when you complete a mission
SuperVillian
– Successfully defeating the SuperVillian will advance you to the to next chapter. You also gain some bonus silver and items, however you can only do it once per chapter.
Battle –
1. ATTACK: It cost only ATK POWER to attack another player. This is the primary place to improve your card’s mastery. You can also win your component’s silver and resources. ( It cost attack/defend power)
2. DEFEND: It cost only DEF POWER to defend another player’s attack. This happens automatically when someone is attacking you. Losing a defend battle will potentially cost you not only silver but also resources.
*** Do not confuse ATK/DEF Power with attack and defense. ATK/DEF power will only look at your card PWR REQ, (eg. Your starting spiderman card require 8power), the more ATK Power you have the more card you can use when you attack, and same goes for DEF POWER. Attack and defense is the number of damage/block your card can do. (e.g. your starting starting spiderman can atk 1002 / def 924 ) ***
Mastering:
- FULLY master card will give the card a big attack and defense boost.
Boosting:
- Boosting the card will increase the card level, which increase it’s attack and defense, with the cost of silver and a feeder card.
- You can still boost a card’s Ability even the card is at max level.
FUSIONING: (pay attention here since most people confuse here)
1. Fuse your identical to upgrade to a new and enhanced form.
2. On a basic fusion, when neither card is at max level, only 5% of the card’s attack/defense will be carry to the new card as a bonus. (no bonus boost)
3. When it is an advance fusion, where one card is at max level, the max level card will carry 10% of its attack/defense to the new card as a bonus. (one card bonus boost)
4. If both card are at max level, then both of the card card will carry 10% of their attack/defense to the new card as a bonus. (both card bonus boost)
5. The card level and ability will be reset to lvl 1 after fusion, therefore focus upgrading ability on final card only.
6. The new card’s mastery level will be the combination of two fusion cards’ mastery level.
7. The initial stats of the new card will be lower than your full boost/master (B/M) card, but eventually be a lot higher.
8. When you are boosting a high level card (not rarity), you can cut the cost in half by fusion the feeder card first, because you are boosting with one feeder card, not 2.
  • Most people wonder why they should fully boost a card since the level of a card will be reset, but the master will not be reset. It is totally optional, since it cost a lot of silver and time boosting a card, but the extra 5%/10% stats bonus is very significant.
Currency
Silver – Do not get fool by early game silver bonus. Silver is very hard to farm and it cost A LOT to do fusioning and boosting.
Gold – The Real money/game currency. You can pay real money to get some gold to purchase card pack.
Rally point- Every 200 rally point grant you a random card.

Resource:
Resource is for Resource quest and donations. You can either gain resource from mission or from another player by battling. You can complete a resource quest 3 times and they will grant you a total of 2 powerful card and 1 ISO-8 card. When you completed a series of resource quest, you can still collect the resources for donating to your alliance.

Member and Alliance:
1. Gaining member will grant you 5 status point. You lose 5 status points from removing one member, addition member removal on the same day will increase the status point lost by 1. Adding another member will always grant you 5 status points, therefore if you remove more than 1 member on the same day you will get 1 point penalty.
2. Joining alliance will give you alliance buff in battle. Alliance buff get stronger as the alliance resource increase.
Stats point:
Status point will be gain from levelup (3pt), completing mission (1pt), and gaining member (5pt). Status point can be spent on three category: Energy, Attack POWER, and Defense POWER.
  • Gaining level will increase the max number of friends you can have and you start with 5 friend capacity. **
Early game playstyle:
Defender: Best defend is to avoid being attack. What you want to do is to stay on the higher end of the average defend power, using powerful card as your primary card and getting rid of your resource by quest or donation. You should priortize stats point in defend --> energy --> attack. ( only applies to early and mid game )
Pro- faster leveling, lower risk of losing resources, higher W/L ratio; easier to start the game till mid game
Con- slow gain on W/L, harder transition to mid game.
Attacker: There is so much more to do with attacker. What you want to do is stay on the lower end of the average defend power, using spiderman or some noob card as primary card and always keeping some resource to “bait” someone attacking you. You need a strong defending card/deck/combo to pull this off. Stats point attack  defend  energy
Pro- Successful attacking and defending will increase your cash flow, increasing your W/L ratio, increasing your card mastery. You will have an easier transition to mid game.
Con- slower leveling, higher risk of losing battle, higher potential damage to your W/L ratio, harder to keep up the cost of improving your deck.

sinsin009

Noob
Oct 25, 2012
PART 2 – Starting the game !

I am going to show you steps to start a game as a defender!! Please keep in mind this works better if you register your account and apply referral.
1. After you finish the tutorial, you will come to a screen “enter pre-registration” and “enter referral”. You can choose to ignore it for now and do it at your main page in the future. But I will suggest you put in the referral code now since you will get the BlackWidow right away.
2. When you are at the main screen, go ahead finish mission 2-1. DO NOT start mission 2-2, DO NOT level up, and DO NOT spend your status point.
3. Go click on team member and invite at least 1 member, preferably 5.
4. Go to Card pack bottom, draw a daily free card.
5. Go into your new updates > completed assignments. Get 2x 2000 rally point.
6. Go to your present list, collect your 6000 rally point, 1 ultimate card pack ticket, and most importantly your 1000 silver!!
7. Go back to card pack, collect 1 ultimate card pack and 30 random cards from 6000 rally point.
8. Now look at your cards, find the best card (highest rarity), and set it as your primary card.
Then find the best 3* base card, this will be your main battle card now, it can be your BlackWidow card from referral, new event card or any card you get from the card packs. **UR card pwr requirement is around 32, SSR is around 24, SR is around 18, Rare is around 12. Anything higher than rare is not really usable at this point. **
9. After you have decided your main card, Increase your atk power and defense power base on your main card requirement. Base 3* card power requirement should range from 8-12. 5 status point at this point should be enough. If you have extra point, leave it there for now.
10. Go to boost. Spend your 1000 silver to boost the 3* base card with those junk card you get from rally point.
11. Go to assignment list and get the 50000 silver. Leave it in your present list unless you need to spend the silver for leveling your highest rarity card. (see recommendation of card rarity leveling guide)
12. Click on Battle button> select from desired resource> storm’s cape> chose one of the blank spot > target this resource > then pick on a player who is higher level than you, with a Spiderman card and 10 defense power.
13. Defeat that player and you will collect his resource, silver and +3/+4 master level on your card.
14. Now you can advance to mission 2-2 and level up.
15. After you level up to lvl3, go to battle for another blank resource.
16. Repeat this pattern until you run out of energy ( this should stop at level 5, 0/10 energy ). **Get used to pattern, battle someone everytime you level up or your battle power is reset!! **
17. At this point, I hope you have already collected entire set of resource and received the storm rare card.
18. you should have 12-17 stats point sitting and waiting, plus up to another 25 stats point from member bonus. Bump your defend power to match the higher end of average player’s defend power. (at low level, 15-20 defense should be plenty.)The rest of the status point go to Energy. Only increase attack power when it is needed.
  • use at your own risk!! you can create couple mule, member them for bonus point and extra card storage. 2 weeks waiting for trading**
19. Continue this level/battle pattern until you are either at 60 energy or mission 10.
20. Transition to mid game!!

Edit: Nov 18, 12 5:23am

sinsin009

Noob
Oct 25, 2012
Part3- TIPS!!
1. Don't start playing Marvel without a referral code! It will not only give me, but also you a rare card (Rare Black Widow!) plus 2000 silver. The card is a pretty powerful card to start, and very powerful once you level/master it!!!
2. create a mule and member it with your main account for future storage. use at your own risk
3. Do not waste your silver early game. It costs lots of silver to level a card. Silver is hard to farm and you will not be able to buy it with real money.
4. The first priority of status point should be defense. You should always try to stay on the higher end of average players’ defense power. Because higher defense will lower the chance of other players targeting you for your silver and your resource. (My suggestion will be 20+ around level 7, 40+ around level 12 and 60+ def at level 17. Eventually slow down matching your decks defend power requirement.)
5. After having enough defense power, you should focus status point into energy and it will depend mostly on your playing schedule. You do not want too many extra points in the early level because you reset your energy when you level up anyway. As for later level, you can adjust it depending on how often you play, in my opinion 60 is a good number.
6. Last but not least, the attack power!! Attack power is the least important in early game, top it at your main battle card requirement after your energy and defense’s need is met. It is because adding attack power in early game will only let you play more cards in a hand, but most time boosting one card's damage is far more beneficial than adding a junk card.
7. Always do a battle for resource with someone higher level than you.
8. Battle whenever you level up or when your attack power is reset!!
9. Never withdraw the silver from your present list unless you need it! The present list can act as a bank, protecting from another player attack.
10. Fusion your feeder cards first before boosting a high level card will significantly drop the cost of boosting.
11. Always maximize your member. This will give you huge status bonus.
12. You lose 5 status points from removing one member, addition member removal on the same day will increase the status point lost by 1. Adding another member will always grant you 5 status points, therefore if you remove more than 1 member on the same day you will get 1 point penalty.
13. When you are farming mission 2, make sure you 3 energy to fight 3 times for reward.
14. Farm operation 2 for feeder card. Make sure you choose the mission with chance to drop a 2* with ability.
15. Only attempt boosting ability on your final card. Boosting a card with ability will grant you 4% chance of increasing skill level; stacking 10 of them will have a 40% chance of increasing skill level.

I am not going to go through a combo guide since there is already a nice combo guide site out there.
http://marvel-war-of-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Combo

there is also a fabulous trading/ card guide :
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/592...lues-listed-for-reference-11-26-2012-updated/

sinsin009

Noob
Oct 25, 2012
Part4- mid-game:
The game gets harder after you move into mid game. I would consider mid game at around level 20.
The game gets harder because:
1. At mid game, people have reached their target energy, and they have enough defense power to defense with a full deck. People start working on their attack power to attack with full deck, making the game harder to battle at both defend and attack.
2. Most people have level/master a few cards, and build a solid deck.
3. Average Defense power at mid game is 80-110. Having a high end defense power wouldn't help you avoid being attack anymore; it is because this is pretty much what everyone has and need.

What to do and not to do in mid game.

To do.
1. First, slow down mission advancing and leveling, you need to build a solid foundation/deck for both attack and defend. You need to decide your deck whether it is going to be a speed deck, tactic deck, bruiser deck or a mix deck.
2. Farm feeder card in mission 2. Pick one mission that will give you a base 2* card with ability, and only farm that mission.
3. Always try to boost the base card with the same category feeder card. ( speed for speed )
4. Always try to save the base 2* card with ability for your final card (after fusion). Stacking 10 of those will grant 40% chance of increasing ability.
5. Fusion your 1* card before boosting a high level card will significantly reduce boosting cost.
6. Get rid of your resource ASAP by completing quest or donating to your alliance. Having extra resource sitting in your bag makes you a wanted target!
7. Stats point - Stop energy at where you are comfortable playing; ( mine stop at 60-70 ) DEFENSE power should be slightly higher than your defend power requirement. ( keep in mind each defend cost about 5 power, so unless you are getting massive attack, normally you only need 10-15 above your requirement ) And the rest should start pouring in your attack. ( realistically, a good number would let you attack twice with mediocre deck . and 1 attack with a monster deck. unless you sacrifice all your energy and defend for a pure monster deck offense, which i found it not situational )
8. Start looking for “reliable, active” friends and alliance. You need a team for later events and a group for item trading.
9. When you attack, you can always scout with a single 1 star card require 2-5 pwr. you can check his deck.

Not to do:
DO not WASTE SILVER!!

That’s all I have for now.

Last edited:

sinsin009

Noob
Oct 25, 2012
Thank you for reading !

So after you read this guide and you think I have earned it. Please bump up the thread and use this Referral Code: kxf949147

Dec 31, 2012
So, I've read both of your guides. They're very helpful to beginner's, but there are two edits I would recommend. First, MWoH has a Help section that can be very useful early on. And second, in order to get a 10% stat boost out of a card when fusing, its mastery is what has to be maxed, not its level. Boosting a card increases the stats transferred in fusion in the same way 5% of 150 is higher than 5% of 100. This is also stated in the Help section of the game itself.

There is a valid use for M&M'ing lower rarity cards before and after fusion in mid game and beyond. During special events, such as raids or training sessions, you can use one or two of these in combo with a much stronger card to eat up the last of your ATK power before using a pack to refill instead of wasting the unused points.

clint3000

Noob
Jan 12, 2013
Bump.
This is an excellent guide. I'm at the mid point now and everything said here is right. It gets a lot tougher. For anyone just beginning the game, I strongly recommend using this guide. And, of course, entering in a refferal code at the end of the tutorial. It'll get you a free rare card (currently Jean Grey) plus some silver and more! Everything you need to get started with an advantage. If you want, you can help a guy out and use my referall code zen335975
Thanks! And thanks again for the great guide sinsin009. I'll recommend it to others.

rhaiber

Noob
Jan 18, 2013
Like everyone else I just want to say thank you for putting together a really helpful guide.
And if anyone would like to help me out:

Jean Grey referral code: jcb339752

borkinator

Noob
Feb 4, 2013
really good stuff, thanks for the tips.

would also like some help if anyone is interested for a jean grey card...gdu108506
I screwed up royally because I didn't read this startup guide, so I am looking to redeem myself. Please help!!

antwon_cg

Noob
Feb 10, 2013
I need alot of help. Do anybody know anyway to get some good cards I bought cards I bought special packs and Im having a hard time getting the second SRare or SSrare to fuse them. My ref code is jtz025512 if anybody can help me out. I will repay the favor anyway I can

Feb 13, 2013
Battle Feeders for Card mastery

Badbadhorse
Trcoba3
Trcoba4
akubeejays
Primo911
Simnar0
natamhanjing
jabronii
Goma7777
Annmarl
Cintax33
Lyn3tte
wasueen
drimdal
bjmufc
Spurfan76
AnbuBroski
mrtyson632
Lemi28
deathsxwill
Orion777
EliWalshe
vend1
reyrtq10
diearheaa
jumpymcspasm
bigpapi11239899

swamprat63

Noob
Feb 26, 2013
Great Tips! Especially the tips on players to battle to raise mastery.

I just want to re-emphasize that mastery is important. Cards have levels and mastery. Levels are raised by using the boost feature where you basically "feed" common cards and uncommon cards (or rare if you want but that is a waste at lower levels) to help a card increase its levels. With each level increase, it gains Attack and Defense but does not increase its PWR REQ (the attack points necessary to use it). Mastery increases mainly through battles. You get no increase in card stats as Mastery increases until you hit the maximum. However, if you have a card you want to fuse with its twin, be sure both are fully mastered and at max level so you get a much stronger fused card. Fusing at anything less than max does not really make much difference so be sure to hit max.

The names given above are great to battle against. To find them, press menu, then player search then enter the name. When it pulls up that person, choose battle. They may be high level but they have low defenses you can easily beat. You will not get silver but you will gain mastery points easily.

Save your Power Packs and Energy Packs for when you are above 100 on each. At lower levels, it is easier to just wait a few minutes or gain xp to the next level and refill the meters.

Hope that helps.

Use the code gxv319856. You and I will both get a Jean Grey card AND you get 2,000 silver! You have to register your device and finish the tutorial. PLUS if you use this code, all you need to do is contact me and I will help you with questions in the game or trades.

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2013
Great guide. Be sure to use the referral code cnh707246 in order to get the new rare [Fundamental Forces] Invisible Woman Card.

mizerock

Noob
Jun 13, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Great summary, I wish I had read this when I started! I've been doing too many missions, it seems. I still haven't really figured out a lot of the finer points (i.e., which cards are never-ever worth improving, and how I can best hope to get low cards with abilities to boost better cards?) But I'll keep reading.

I see people selling cards (virtual cards!) for real money. Do I need to worry about getting a card so awesome that people will try (and be able) to steal it?

Hey! I have a referral code of my own now, cool! It's ggk661413. But you really should just use the code posted by the OP, they did indeed "earn it".

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2013
Hi

Thanks for this guide, it's been really informative.

Unfortunately I already used a code, although my invisible woman doesn't seem to have appeared in my deck yet and I don't know why!

Also, I can't figure out how to make a mule. Can you help?

thanks

Aofriday

Noob
Oct 2, 2013
Too bad I never used a referral code........so I need peeps to help me out

Referral code: vzn320305

Feb 17, 2014
Please use my referral code tvp126897

For the latest and greatest rare card!

We'll both get 1 rare Maria Hill card, 1 shield barrier, 1 personal energy pack, and 2000 silver.

Thank you in advance!

Mar 22, 2013
Please use my "Referral Code" it will get you a "Rare" "Maria Hill" Card and a bunch of "Silver"

My Referall Code Is: "ftm593929"

Thank you in advance,
Sincerely,
SirxLimpsxAxLotx

cakatika

Noob
Apr 6, 2014
referal code (rare)maria hill code:suy184226 you can also team member request me (cakatika88) and/or join my alliance, The Justice League