RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
I am considering 'the jump' to next a gen console, PS4 would be my console of choice (as neither my PS1 o2 had over heating problems as all my 360's have, I'm on my forth) my reasons apart from the general teething troubles new tech brings to the table, are, does Elder Scrolls have a single player option, and would you have to pay the stupid subscription fee to play it ?

Narya

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 15, 2012
Since they changed to a one time purchase for the PC version, I'd have to expect the same thing for the console versions..... no subscriptions. I still have my PS3, and never played the Xbox, but from what I've read (and seen in videos), the PS4 is the better system overall. It's a better piece of hardware, and you can see that in frame rates, and the better appearance of many of the games. I haven't played ESO, as I'm still fully involved in the PC version (heavily modded), but from what I understand, there are elements that are playable as single player.

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
If, I make ' the jump ' I am getting a PS4, Microsoft have pissed me off too much, what with launching the 360, knowing that it was built with inferior components, inconvenient (even with their forced extended warranty) Then their stubbornness, at not matching Sony's free game database, then charging people (on top of their online subscription) to play games online !

Narya

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 15, 2012
I've heard that there are new versions of the PS4 coming out shorty, with some differences in the internals. One option will be with a 1TB hard drive. I think they are being redesigned to be less power hungry, and therefore less prone to overheat.

zarof1351

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 16, 2009
If, I make ' the jump ' I am getting a PS4, Microsoft have pissed me off too much, what with launching the 360, knowing that it was built with inferior components, inconvenient (even with their forced extended warranty) Then their stubbornness, at not matching Sony's free game database, then charging people (on top of their online subscription) to play games online !
Lol at how misinformed you are.

>Microsoft didn't release the 360 knowing the RROD would happen. If you truly believe that you must be 12.
>It had inferior components yet ran every multiplat game better? Just because you have a V8 it doesn't mean you can go 0-60 in 3 seconds. There is a lot more to it than that, and it was proven throughout the life of the 360 that it handled games easier and better.
>that forced extended warranty was not forced, it was given out freely. And it sounds like you took advantage of it more than once. Good to know you bag on the same free gifts your are given.
>Sony did give free games, but Microsoft said many times that they were working on a feasible situation to make it profitable. Most of the PS3 free games came from Sony owned developers. They chose to eat the cost and now Sony as a company is struggling financially (not from that but it couldn't have helped). Microsoft chose to wait and move to this system when they knew they had support from exterior developers.
>You obviously never played online on a Playstation. nor had all your CC information hacked. You get what you pay for big guy, but you will learn that someday.
>And I cant think of a single game you had to pay more than your gold fees to play online.

You can prefer Sony and that's cool. But to act like Microsoft is some awful corp and Sony isn't is just play naiveté.

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
Lol at how misinformed you are.

>Microsoft didn't release the 360 knowing the RROD would happen. If you truly believe that you must be 12.
>It had inferior components yet ran every multiplat game better? Just because you have a V8 it doesn't mean you can go 0-60 in 3 seconds. There is a lot more to it than that, and it was proven throughout the life of the 360 that it handled games easier and better.
>that forced extended warranty was not forced, it was given out freely. And it sounds like you took advantage of it more than once. Good to know you bag on the same free gifts your are given.
>Sony did give free games, but Microsoft said many times that they were working on a feasible situation to make it profitable. Most of the PS3 free games came from Sony owned developers. They chose to eat the cost and now Sony as a company is struggling financially (not from that but it couldn't have helped). Microsoft chose to wait and move to this system when they knew they had support from exterior developers.
>You obviously never played online on a Playstation. nor had all your CC information hacked. You get what you pay for big guy, but you will learn that someday.
>And I cant think of a single game you had to pay more than your gold fees to play online.

You can prefer Sony and that's cool. But to act like Microsoft is some awful corp and Sony isn't is just play naiveté.
Can you explain then, how I never had an over heating, red ring of death issue with my PS 1, or PS2, yet I am on my fourth X - Box 360 ? (by the way, I'm 44)

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
Weighing up the pros and cons, as I have a Gold Account, and also games that will be backwards compatible, I went for a x-box one, a bonus since they scrapped the online fee for Skyrim