Aug 6, 2003
So I am a series newb, Awakening is my first FE game, and I believe I am getting to the point where I am gonna be switching people's classes and what not. Most of my main group is near level 10.

My main reason for posting this is to get some tips on how to go about handling/building the characters and any traps I should try to avoid. Also maybe some tips on making money and forging? Like is it worth it to forge at all?

Thanks in advance.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
Get a unit as close to level 20 as you can before promoting. Units gain less exp after they promote, so levels come slower. Keep in mind it gets easier to tune up any units you may have promoted incorrectly farther into the game, so while there are some no brainers like Hero > Bow Knight, a quick Second Seal will turn a unit with a bad class into a good one for 2500 gold.

As for forging, it's usually not worth sinking the gold into weak or low-use weapons, but if you have the gold I suggest forging a good sword for a Mercenary with the Armsthrift skill. I forged a Silver Sword for Donnel about 3 chapters before the endgame, and he's still swinging it through all of my postgame maps. If you want gold, I suggest paying for The Golden Gaffe DLC. It's just absurd how much gold you get from that easy map.

Apr 25, 2013
plan ahead in you are on classic mode and spread the experience equaly(as in dont let one person hog all the EXP) if you dont do this that one member will be great but the rest of your team will get slottered ESPECIALLY if you are on the higher difficulties. ALSO be sure to buy LOTS of second seals and master seals because once one of your team members reach lv 20(sometimes 30) then you will DEFINETELY wanna change its class. This adds almost limitless level grinding so you CAN level grind for 10s maybee 100s of hours if you would like. this does REALLY help but if you dont want to do this just be VERY aware of everything and plan ahead and you should be good. Another thing is that sometimes your weapons (other then the falchoin and other forms of it) will break. so always carry an extra just in case. That is some of the things you will NEED to be able to survive fire emblem!!!!