MrMarkey77

Noob
Nov 20, 2012
When I play Lego LOTR, not all of the characters appear on the screen at once. When I play, for instance, the Mines of Moria sequence, only Boromir and Merry would appear, and if I changed into Legolas, then Boromir would transform into Legolas and it would become Legolas and Merry. How do I make it so that all of the characters (Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, Gandalf) appear on the screen at once and so that I can switch into a character with the soul switching thing instead of the transforming thing that leaves only two characters on the screen. By the way, I play it on the wii.

Beanoid

Noob
Feb 11, 2012
I play on the wii as well. Unfortunately LEGO does not think the wii has enough power for a game this large to be able to have all those nine characters roaming around. I know its disappointing, but if you think about it, you get almost the exact same content as the xbox and ps3 crowd. Good deal!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2012
Even on the PS3, when you're in free play, you only get 2 characters. You have to flip through them or hold the button to select.

Oct 24, 2019
I play on the wii as well. Unfortunately LEGO does not think the wii has enough power for a game this large to be able to have all those nine characters roaming around. I know its disappointing, but if you think about it, you get almost the exact same content as the xbox and ps3 crowd. Good deal!

But is there not some setting to change or something that will change it so they all appear at once? Also, during the Mines of Moria level, three characters are present (tall character, hobbit & Gimli), but when it moves to one scene, all nine characters appear and then in the next scene it switches back to just 3. Do you know why this is?