mikarten85

No Longer a Noob
Jun 21, 2017
That Thunderjaw looks sick. I hope they make an actual set of it. I would buy it in an instant. I want to compare it to my own build.

LeadTaco

breathe deeply
Sep 27, 2006
Sony announced they're going much harder 3rd party with PlayStation.

Launching on Nintendo and PC day one definitely confirms that.

mlqc82

Star
Dec 4, 2000
I wonder if that was a requirement from Lego to put it on Switch to reach a wider audience.

Kind of like MLB forced Sony to put The Show multiplatform to keep the license.

nookfan

Queen of the Night
★ MOD
Dec 27, 2005
Moonside
I wonder if that was a requirement from Lego to put it on Switch to reach a wider audience.

Kind of like MLB forced Sony to put The Show multiplatform to keep the license.
That is likely the case. Still, it’s pretty surreal.

curl-6

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense; a huge portion of the audience for the LEGO games is on Switch, they'd be leaving a ton of money on the table by keeping is PS exclusive.

Sony probably also hopes some kids will play it, love it, then ask their parents for a PS5 to play Zero Dawn and Forbidden West. Get them into your IP via Switch then reel them into the PS ecosystem.

The industry is trending more and more away from exclusivity and this sort of thing is likely to become more and more common.

tmann36

No Longer a Noob
Dec 18, 2009
Ever since MLB The Show releases on Nintendo Switch, Sony personally doesn't give a crap about Console Wars. LEGO Horizon Adventures coming not only to PS5, but also for Nintendo Switch (including Steam). If Guerilla Games port LEGO Horizon Adventures to Nintendo's Switch successor, we could see another stunner for the Nintendo PlayStation community.

fenixazul

Star
Dec 14, 2005
The game actually looks fun. But yeah ,probably something like having Kratos on Switch because the skin of Fornite. BUT, if they port Astro Bot for the succesor of the Nintendo Switch I will be more than happy lol

gmcube

Super Star
Dec 6, 2001
Delaware
I'm shocked they got one thing right.
One of my major criticisms of Lego games is when they don't make the whole world out of Lego. Lego Star Wars is a huge offender of this, most of the foliage is just photo realistic trees, you had photo real rocks, caves, etc. This seems to be Lego from the ground up. I don't know a thing about the ip horizon ip though beyond seeing a trailer here and there.

I also don't like it when some representations of Lego animate the mini figs as if they were jello. Its a lazy cop out. But they don't do that here either. They seem to have fully committed to the idea that you could in theory make and animate these things in stop-motion with the real bricks. Finally.

LuxuryQueen

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 16, 2016
Makes sense; a huge portion of the audience for the LEGO games is on Switch, they'd be leaving a ton of money on the table by keeping is PS exclusive.

Sony probably also hopes some kids will play it, love it, then ask their parents for a PS5 to play Zero Dawn and Forbidden West. Get them into your IP via Switch then reel them into the PS ecosystem.

The industry is trending more and more away from exclusivity and this sort of thing is likely to become more and more common.
I honestly find this hilarious. If Nintendo were releasing games on PlayStation and Xbox, this would not be the conversation. It would be talks of Nintendo going third party, and the thread would already been a few pages long.

May 23, 2006
Big Boo's Haunt
I honestly find this hilarious. If Nintendo were releasing games on PlayStation and Xbox, this would not be the conversation. It would be talks of Nintendo going third party, and the thread would already been a few pages long.

But..... But that's probably what Sony hopes will actually happen.

It's not why it's there of course, it's there because millions of Switch owners like Lego games. But I'm pretty sure there's an executive or three that hope this is the case.

fenixazul

Star
Dec 14, 2005
I wonder if this means that now Aloy is eligible as a playable character in the next Smash Bros lol. I mean, Cloud just needed a little cameo in a kingdom heart games to be eligible.

CokeMachineGlow

Time Traveler
Apr 28, 2006
Definitely wasn't on my bingo card.

COOOOOOOLLLLLL. The Lego games are super charming. This looks great.

the_wire30

Super Star
Jul 22, 2008
I think, as some people have mentioned, it might be more of a unique situation like MLB The Show.

But it's a great fit for many platforms, I agree, especially given the LEGO branding. I'm actually more surprised they picked Horizon, of all franchises, to go LEGO, but the trailer looks good, and it's going to expand the audience/franchise for sure. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's Sony who actively sought out the deal, instead of LEGO.

If you want to widen to a more family-friendly, female, or younger crowd, the Switch is a good console for that. And Horizon can certainly expand in those directions.

gsilver

Star
Sep 6, 2000
They did the most important thing:
Made the Lego world look like it's made of Lego.

I may play this one.

//Enjoyed Builder's Journey and want to play Bricktales, but bounced off the world-not-made-of-Lego Star Wars games.

Pup313

Video Game Hero
Jun 4, 2005
Donkey Kong Country
Throw in Lego Link for Switch version and then I’ll pay more attention haha. I’m just not into the Horizon series though it is interesting to see Sony dabbling with it on Nintendo

CokeMachineGlow

Time Traveler
Apr 28, 2006
Not thread worthy (I don't think), but the Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (all 9 films) is on sale in the eshop for $15.

Super charming game. Only the first episode of each trilogy is unlocked from the start. I kind of wish they were all unlocked because I'd probably go right to Empire, but whatever.

fenixazul

Star
Dec 14, 2005
The funny thing about this is that the developers are saying that they are not releasing this on the PS4 or Xbox becasue they want to take advantage of the PS5 technology... and then is the Switch version.

Well, in my opinion, they wanted to make this exclusive for PS5 but didnt want to lose the sales of the Switch, since LEGO games sells PRETTY well on nintendo platform (even on the Wii U)