-BubbleBobble-

TOADETTE'S THE WINNER!!! :3
Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
man, I popped in Kart 64 last night and it looked terrrrible

I'm hoping it was just the fact that it's a nicer TV, or I was missing something in the graphics options or something

but good lord, it looked atrocious after playing Mario Kart Wii so much lately

and I'm a classic gamer, so I generally don't look back and consciously notice how terrible graphics are

also I couldn't even keep Yoshi on the course liked I used to cause he was sliding around all crazily

:(

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
Super Circuit was my least favorite
it's definitely lacking

but that's mostly because of the fact that it was GBA

and that was the first handheld installment in the series, right? so it would have been really hard to be impressive on that console regardless, I guess

I would agree with you, but I've never actually played Super Circuit in-depth, so I can't make a correct judgment

mqg96

No Longer a Noob
Feb 2, 2010
Super Circuit was my least favorite
it's definitely lacking

but that's mostly because of the fact that it was GBA

and that was the first handheld installment in the series, right? so it would have been really hard to be impressive on that console regardless, I guess

I would agree with you, but I've never actually played Super Circuit in-depth, so I can't make a correct judgment

Yes it was the very first handheld Mario Kart game, I never bought the game, I went to my cousins house and she had it, that was the only time I ever played it and I said to myself, "thank God I never wasted my money on this", it's like an upgraded version of the original Super Mario Kart (which I honestly don't care for that much either) with extra tracks added to it. This was around 2009ish which I tried it out and at the time I was used to playing Mario Kart Wii a lot while I had already played Mario Kart DS, Double Dash, and 64 in the past.

Last edited:

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
well I was a fan of Super Mario Kart, but it was one of my first SNES games, so I'm biased towards it if not merely for nostalgic reasons

ah yeah, it doesn't even come close to Double Dash or DS for sure - especially graphics-wise

very serious :3333

mqg96

No Longer a Noob
Feb 2, 2010
well I was a fan of Super Mario Kart, but it was one of my first SNES games, so I'm biased towards it if not merely for nostalgic reasons

ah yeah, it doesn't even come close to Double Dash or DS for sure - especially graphics-wise

very serious :3333

Hahaha well I have a lot of nostalgia for Mario Kart 64, that was the first one I played when I was really little, around 2000, 2001 and 2002 I played that a lot. I was really good at it and to this day I can still enjoy it on the Wii virtual console or my laptop. The local 2-4 multiplayer matchups with my elementary school friends was the best part about it. Now, I didn't start playing the Gamecube until 2004 so that was around the time I got Double Dash, while I think Double Dash is really good too, I feel like it's overrated, just too much hype, not enough substance. The two karts in one was just not my thing, now the tracks were really amazing and the music was really good, but I feel like it's over hyped. If I'd have to go with my favorite mario kart game IMHO, it be the DS version, do to the fact that going from Double Dash to a handheld version on a DS, you wouldn't think it would be upgraded that far. At the time Mario Kart DS was brand new, it was the first to add retro courses along with the original 16 tracks for the game. You had mission mode which was really amazing, last but not least, the first in the history with online mode. Yes, the snaking part of the game was a problem for many that I know, but once you get the skill of it, it's really fun. I liked the custom vs. mode options as well added to the game. Mario Kart Wii while I know many people who didn't like it, I thought it was really good too. I haven't played Mario Kart 7 but I heard that Mario Kart 8 was really good, but I'm not into mario games that much anymore, but I should give it a shot someday though.

Last edited:

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
sounds like I missed out on the DS

I'm not much into handhelds in general though, so, that's essentially why I've missed 3, 5 and 7 =3

MK8 is fun! I've gotten really into it - I still like Mario Kart Wii better, and I am still playing it a good bit on the private servers [face_cool] Wiimmfi or whatever it's called [face_tongue]

Cheski

Excelsior
★ MOD
May 7, 2005
Wii was definitely my least favorite, probably followed by DS. My favorite was definitely Double Dash.

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
fuck you, Wii is awesome [face_plain]

I'm sick of everyone bashing MKWii, fuck

the handhelds across the board are just automatically the shittiest ones

if you think the GBA installment was better than the Wii, you need to get fucking hit upside the head with a board

mqg96

No Longer a Noob
Feb 2, 2010
fuck you, Wii is awesome [face_plain]

I'm sick of everyone bashing MKWii, fuck

the handhelds across the board are just automatically the shittiest ones

if you think the GBA installment was better than the Wii, you need to get fucking hit upside the head with a board

HAIL TO [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/bubblebobble.4122034/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/bubblebobble.4122034/']@-BubbleBobble-[/URL][/URL] I agree with you completely, I'm sick of that BS too, as I've said before when it comes to pre-online Mario Kart games, nothing beats the 64 version because without that one's success we wouldn't have all the mario kart games we have today. While I think Double Dash was good too, it's really overrated, people give that game too much credit for how great it really was, Double Dash is just too much hype, not enough substance. While I did mention that Mario Kart DS was the best handheld version, it is the best and the ONLY good one for handheld mario kart games. I'm not aware of Mario Kart 7, but I heard that it wasn't that good. Mario Kart Super Circuit for the GBA sucked major ass and I'm glad I never got it. Now let's talk about how great Mario Kart Wii was for these folks who don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Mario Kart Wii was the FIRST Mario Kart game on "console" with a SINGLE player on one kart since the N64 version, it had been that long, 12 years of wait. Seeing trailers for when the game was going to come out back around late 2007 and early 2008 kept you real tuned in and excited. Mario Kart Wii was the FIRST Mario Kart game on the console that featured online mode, the first Mario Kart game to let you go up to 12 players at once. This Mario Kart game was responsible for REMOVING the snaking technique that everybody was complaining about in the past, replaced by the features to be able to drift in a regular kart or have an extra boost of speed with a motorcycle. Mario Kart Wii had tons of amazing courses and tracks and much more retro courses on the console. You could go up to 4 players with your friends, the VS. and BATTLE mode features and choices were once again as amazing as the DS version. The online mode was really fun at the time, and I enjoyed it a lot, and yes the items were really explosive at times (yeah the thundercloud item shouldn't have been in there), but that's the whole point of the game, people need to stop whining about it, it still goes down as one of the best Mario Kart games of all time, I don't care what anyone say. I know there's a lot more to Mario Kart Wii's greatness that I missed.

Last edited:

mqg96

No Longer a Noob
Feb 2, 2010
whoa guys. this thread is 2 years old.

anyhoo. wii had the best battle and also introduced tricks. which were awesome.

i played the hell out of that game. maxed out the ratings on all licenses.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Wii version introduced tricks (which gave you an extra boost of speed) and it gave you a driver's license with ratings lol. Now this is really making me remember how great the Wii version was.

Last edited:

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
whoa guys. this thread is 2 years old.

anyhoo. wii had the best battle and also introduced tricks. which were awesome.

i played the hell out of that game. maxed out the ratings on all licenses.

Oh yeah, I forgot the Wii version introduced tricks (which gave you an extra boost of speed) and it gave you a driver's license with ratings lol. Now this is really making me remember how great the Wii version was.
get your Wii modded and download the CTGP thing [face_tongue]